Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asuka Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 11, 2007, 12:37 AM
    What will my parents think of engagement?
    I am 16 and have a son who is 4 mnths old. I have been with his father for almost 2 years and we want to get engaged. How can I tell my parents this?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 11, 2007, 12:44 AM
    I'm guessing you already know the sort of reaction you're going to get from telling them?

How is the rest of your life together going? At such a young age how are your finances, do you live with your boyfriend and child?

How did your parents react to your boyfriend getting pregnant and having a child?

Why do you want to get married?

I know this is more questions to add to your questions, but the info will really help!
    aquarialight Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Well start to think about why you're wanting to get married. Are you two stable? Are you really ready? I might understand that you two would want to be an "official" family seeing as you and your boyfriend have a son together. I mean, write out your reasons for wanting to get married, list the pros and cons of this union, list all barriors and if the pros outweigh the cons then I suggest you show your chart to your family, show them you're responsible enough to think of EVERYTHING and then let them know of the decision you two have made. I'm 22 and got married two years ago and I think I got married way too young but that's just my opinion about my personal situation.
    197807 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asuka
    I am 16 and have a son who is 4 mnths old. I have been with his father for almost 2 years and we want to get engaged. How can i tell my parents this?
    If you were big enough to have a baby why your parents
    Should have a problem of you getting married to this guy.
    I believe you must finish what you stated girl.
    I hope your parents will grand you their blessings
    You won't be the first person to get married at this age.
    But remember that marriage is not always about honey moons
    You must be able to deal with the ups and downs because
    Challenges help us to grow and be better people,
    And it will also depend how do you respond to the
    Problems of marriage to make it a success.

Good luck in getting engaged I wish you all the best.
    africanqueen Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asuka
    I am 16 and have a son who is 4 mnths old. I have been with his father for almost 2 years and we want to get engaged. How can i tell my parents this?
    Well if they really love you then they would help you threw with this I have a question for you: are you happy? do your parents no about your son? and think about what's best for you and your son

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is an Engagement Model? [ 3 Answers ]

Could somebody explain or share with me an example of an engagement model? Thanks.

A confusing engagement [ 9 Answers ]

I just got engaged, however, am not as happy as other people think I would be. He wants to get married very soon, but I am not very sure. What has been haunting me was some affair he had with a girl a couple of months before he proposed to me. As he said, they met before he and I met. He liked her...

Engagement announcement [ 2 Answers ]

When you receive an engagement announcement, do you have to send a gift?

Broke up engagement [ 21 Answers ]

I broke up my engagement and feel very ashamed and feel guilty to have brought a bad phase of life to my family.. :( I broke up with that man as I found very difficult to survive with him and he was a drunkard and a loser. My questions are: 1. How do I answer the people that know my...

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

View more questions Search