Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vampkatlex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2015, 11:39 AM
    I'm writing a book and need to find good names for an other dimension earth names
    I'm writing a book and need to find good names for an other dimension earth names I already have Brobdingnagian, Pulchritudinous, Lissome, Plethora Sumptuous, Halcyon, Fugacious, Ephemeral, bodacious, Ailuro, Cynos, Demes, Denoue, Dulcet, Effloresce, Gambol, Halcyon, Lilt, Lithe, Moiety, Panacea, Panoply, Penumbra, Petrichor, Riparian, Scintilla, Sempiternal, Sussurous please no coping, I'd appreciate 100% unique names
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2015, 01:46 PM
    Sounds to me like it is all about women. That is what your names indicate. Give us an idea of what the story is about.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2015, 01:57 PM
    Those are long and difficult to pronounce (and not unique). Wouldn't it be better to come up with original short names that maybe use only vowels or consonants or have a unique way of beginning or ending, perhaps with a character rather than a letter? Or use characters inside the name?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 2, 2015, 04:03 PM
    Geesh, how many do you need? Seems like you already have a lot, none of them interesting, unique, or easy to remember.

One thing to consider when writing a book. If you want people to be able to keep up with your story line, remember the main characters and places, then K.I.S.S.

Unique doesn't always mean impossible to pronounce, spell, or remember. Keep it simple if you want people to engage in what you write.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed to the home is in 2 names,the mortgage is in only one of those names,this person [ 2 Answers ]

Our home is in my name and my daughter's name,the mortgage is in only her name. She has passed away,I have been paying the mortgage the whole time,is the home still mine?

Sanskrit writing names? [ 0 Answers ]

When writing a name in sanscrit do all the rules apply, regarding for example, a certain letter being placed after where it looks like it should be placed?

I'm trying to find a book that I forgot the character names, and the title. [ 0 Answers ]

Im trying to find a book that I forgot the character names, and the title. I only have description. A man owns a zoo or nature preserve with lions and other animals. The man leaves and leaves his son in charge for a while. They have pet lions, but all of a sudden, they are being shot at, for no...

Writing a book using real names [ 1 Answers ]

Im writing abook about a true event. Can I get in trouble or sued for using real names?

View more questions Search