Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2015, 01:51 PM
    Can I use obs for sub floor
    Can use 1/2 inch obs for a sub floor, using the stickie tiles?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2015, 02:03 PM
    I assume you mean OSB? I would use floor underlay. OSB is quite rough and may not hold the tile. I still use a floor primer just to be sure.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2015, 03:30 PM
    Nope, not suited for peel and press tile. I also agree with ma, even underlayment board needs a primer for peel and press.
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2015, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I assume you mean OSB? I would use floor underlay. OSB is quite rough and may not hold the tile. I still use a floor primer just to be sure.
    OK... will a thinned out pait work as a primer?

Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Nope, not suited for peel and press tile. I also agree with ma, even underlayment board needs a primer for peel and press.
    OK... will a thinned out paint work as a primmer?. thanks...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2015, 05:16 PM
    Not sure, I use a floor underlay primer- Armstrong S 185 Latex Primer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waste line leak from second floor shower as well as washing machine on first floor [ 1 Answers ]

After a shower on the second floor leak appears on outside foundation wall and spreads to brick in sand patio. It gets worse when the washing machine drains into the waste line. No visible water anywhere in house. Any suggestions?

Obs and gynae doctors.. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello doctor, my mother is 44years old.. she has been having brownish coloured watery secretion frm nipples for the past 4 mnths. This secretion is more before menstruation and it gradualy decrese after mentruation.. v have consulted a gynaecologist, she asked for prolactin level.. for my mother...

Toilet leaks from the floor. I have a septic tank and concrete slab floor. [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom floods copiously when ever it rains. Water comes in from where the toilet joins the concrete slab floor. We removed the toilet and there is the hole connecting the toilet to the pipe for the septic tank and very wet mud around it. Water seems to just be trapped under the house as it...

Toilet soil pipe is 1/2 in below fin. Tile floor how do I built concrete floor up [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 problems,just had my bathroom floor tiled on top of concrete floor and was going to use a outside 4 in outside flange on a 4in soil pipe. I can fit over soilpipe now but tile under flange bolt down holes have no concrete under them,plus top of soil pipe is 1/2 inch below top of tile ,tile...

Can't get paper up from old vinyl floor. Laying ceramic tile on kitchen floor [ 5 Answers ]

I looked for a similar question on this site before asking and all I could find is a question about ripping up vinyl flooring to lay hard wood flooring down... So I will ask my question, I just got done ripping up the vinyl from my kitchen floor and plan to lay ceramic tile down tomorrow, I too...

View more questions Search