Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DENNIS52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2015, 01:42 PM
    Craftsman troubleshooting
    I have a craftsman riding mower and when I release the clutch pedal or engage the mower drive the engine stalls.
    DENNIS52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2015, 01:45 PM
    Sears craftsman riding mower
    My mower is 15.5hp ohv 42 inch when I release the clutch pedal or engage the mower my engine stalls. Where do I start?

Thanks
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 28, 2015, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS52 View Post
    My mower is 15.5hp ohv 42 inch when I release the clutch pedal or engage the mower my engine stalls. Where do I start?

Thanks
    First I would check to see if something is stopping the blades from turning by checking the underside. Blades need to turn freely. More info would help like
    Was the machine running OK up until this problem, check if the belt or belts are
    Turning. Did you make any changes to the machine before this problem?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 28, 2015, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS52 View Post

Thanks
    First I would check to see if something is stopping the blades from turning by checking the underside. Blades should turn freely. More info would help like, Was the machine running OK up until this problem, check if a belt is broken.
    Did you make any changes to the machine before this problem?

I have a mower, that I need to make sure the engine RPM's are high enough to make the clutch engagement not stall
    the engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman snowblower troubleshooting? [ 4 Answers ]

Self propelling wheels won't move on snowblower. What could be the problem?

Craftsman mower troubleshooting? [ 2 Answers ]

Premature belt wear. Pulleys and belts rotate easily; what else could cause excessive belt wear?

Craftsman snowblower troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman snowblower (10hp). The outer blades turn fine (cotter pins look fine). My two inner sets of blades do not. I did remove a piece of wood that I must have picked up. It is now clear but still does not turn. Thoughts?

Craftsman snowblower troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman snowblower model 536885020 and it won't start. I replaced the spark plug but I think it's not getting gas.

View more questions Search