Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachy72 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2015, 09:45 AM
    Playing cd's on my computer
    Hi. I have an HP/Compaq desktop computer approx. ten years old that I have not played music cd's on for years. I just tried to play a cd via my windows media player and the cd won't play. I know it's worked in the past because I do have a music library that I can access and listen to. I went online and checked all the troubleshooting information and followed directions and still can't make it work. Does anyone have any suggestions. Tried downloading Realplayer to listen to my cd's... apparently my operating system requirements don't meet the requirements.. Thank you in advance for any help...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 28, 2015, 09:50 AM
    Could be simply dirty lens, especially if it hasn't been used for a while.

Jun 28, 2015, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Could be simply dirty lens, especially if it hasn't been used for a while.
    Thank you for your prompt reply.. What is a dirty lens? How do I clean it? :-)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 28, 2015, 10:18 AM
    There are numerous lens cleaning discs available, do NOT be tempted to do this by hand.

Jun 28, 2015, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    There are numerous lens cleaning discs available, do NOT be tempted to do this by hand.

Thank you - will look into a cleaning cd.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 28, 2015, 04:03 PM
    A lens cleaning disc can be used on PC optical drives, stand alone DVD players, car cd players and the lot. Very handy to have around for occasional cleanup. You can also open the tray and blast it with canned air on one side to expel dirt and hair out the other side before using the disc.

Jun 29, 2015, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    A lens cleaning disc can be used on PC optical drives, stand alone DVD players, car cd players and the lot. Very handy to have around for occasional cleanup. You can also open the tray and blast it with canned air on one side to expel dirt and hair out the other side before using the disc.

Thank you - I periodically take the case off my tower and vacuum. Never thought about the disk tray area. Will clean that up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you stop a computer from stuttering when playing videos? [ 5 Answers ]

My laptop mini computer does not play online internet videos and it stops and stutters.

CD Not playing on computer [ 1 Answers ]

When I put a CD into my drive, my playlist comes up in windows media player, as it should do. However, it does not play my songs. It is set to automatically rip the inserted cd to my computer, so begins the ripping of the cd; once it gets to 30% on the first song, 'error' comes up in the column...

Get attention from husband if not playing computer games [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, This is my first time here Just wondering if anyone else has the problem of husband paying more attetion to the dam Computer game then you (meaning wife) I have. I get attention maybe once a month. Getting old I need way more than that... just wondering if anyone else is going through what...

Computer freezes when playing games [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, my computer keeps freezing I guess you would say when I am playing a game. It first started with far cry 1 I tried an assortment of things thinking it was the game, I had the patches up to date so I decided to re-install it and play w/o patches/updates. It didn't freeze up for a while...

Playing DVD on Computer [ 2 Answers ]

well, I have been using my computer to play DVD. However, when I was watching halfway.. the screen since to ski ski for a while than back to normal. May like to know what is the problems encounder? Is is due to the DVD rom faulty or there is not enough ram? My computer spec: P4 520...

View more questions Search