Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ikontech3449 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2015, 06:14 AM
    My toilet keeps running sometimes. The water is leaking into the bowl from the tank.
    I changed the flapper but still have the leak some of the time. Could the new flapper be bad or the wrong type or could the water be going between the rubber gasket and the tank bottom?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 28, 2015, 07:48 AM
    Yes, new flopper can leak. When buying floppers, you have to inspect it for warps and imperfections. Buy flopper that is individually wrapped. Don't buy the cheapest flopper or flopper packaged with dozen of others. Also, make sure you are buying flopper that is designed for your toilet. Go on line with name and model number and cross check with manufacturer. Brand of toilet should be printed behind the seat and model number is stamped on the inside of tank or on the underside of the lid.

Hope that helps

Milo
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 28, 2015, 12:46 PM
    Also check that the refill tube is not stuck down in the overflow pipe. Should be attached to the top of the overflow, not down in it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2015, 03:40 PM
    Agree and also important is to check the seat of the flapper for nicks or unevenness around the rim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water still leaking from toilet bowl.after replacing toilet! [ 6 Answers ]

The water was leaking from the bowl of our toilet and we were getting "phantom flushes"... water was also seen trickling into bowl... SO, we replaced the whole toilet as it was pretty darn old. We put in a new wax ring, installed the toilet correctly as far as we can tell... and now the water leaks...

Water leaking into toilet bowl [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, Water is slowly leaking into the bowl from the tank. I replaced the flapper and it did Not help. I replaced the flush valve and no help there. I had to replace the flush valve Since I broke it (old style flush valve) while checking it to see if that was the problem. I replaced the flush...

Toilet bowl problems - tank water is fine; bowl water is not [ 3 Answers ]

Ok - so many posts here, it's mind blowing. Here's exactly what's happening - tank is filling up just fine... water stopping exactly 1/2" under overflow tube. Flapper is shutting perfectly - no water leaking. It's the bowl water that's messed up. Toilet has been working perfectly for 12 years. ...

Water is leaking into my toilet bowl [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet is running every 10 min or so for about 10 seconds. The toilet is only about 4 months old. I did the food coloring test and dye is leaking into the bowl. The flapper was wiped and still the same thing. I do not have a ballcock system, I have the rod with the float on it. What do I need...

Toilet leaking from tank to bowl! [ 5 Answers ]

I replaced stopper (flapper) but the toilet is still leaking. How do I fix this?:eek:

View more questions Search