Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxnidaaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2015, 01:13 AM
    10 day missed period
    I had my last period on May 16, 2015 & ended May 21, 2015. I had unprotected sex the day of my last period & I was suppose to have it on June 13, 2015 but I was 10 days late. Towards the end of the month on the 24th of June I started bleeding, but little & it was dark red/brownish & its been for 2 days. Not heavy like a period & it also had some mucus. I took a home pregnant. Test but was negative. I feel nauseous, headache, moody, tired, hungry, pain around my ovaries but not cramp like. Please tell me what's wrong, my dr won't help
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2015, 03:17 PM
    It could be due to an off cycle, a pregnancy hasn't been picked up yet, or perhaps even an early loss. If you don't have a normal period in the next several days, either try another pregnancy test, or check with your doctor about having a blood test done.

Jun 27, 2015, 03:49 PM
    Do you think I could be pregnant ? Is it possible for them to do an ultrasouon me to check if everything inside is OK ? Im just worried.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2015, 03:33 AM
    First why will your doctor not help? Is if because you are just 10 days late? 10 days is not that late. Normally we recommend being at least 14 days late, just to start testing, and then always be sure and do it, first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up.

The signs can be many things, some women claim signs prior to missing a cycle, others claim no signs at all. So that is just not conclusive. And no what would a ultrasound do at this point and time?

You could do a blood test to determine pregnancy or not. But often the doctor will just have you wait till the next month and see if the cycle happens and you just miss a month.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2015, 08:54 AM
    Normally, if your period has not come, and you are experiencing possible pregnancy symptoms, a doctor would perform a pregnancy test... even if you had a negative result at home.

Did you actually go to your doctor? Are you still having bleeding? If so, it may be that your period was just off this cycle... which can happen now and then.

If you still feel unwell, see your doctor.

Jun 28, 2015, 09:47 AM
    Ive seen a doctor & explained my symptoms & pain & she said its normal to feel pain around my ovaries.. but I still feel like something is off because my bleeding is a dark color, not red like a period would be. & I feel nauseous randomly throughout the day. Im not on any birth control or anything. I also experienced random light pains around my abdomen, ovarie areas randomly through the day. Im just worried because its never like this & it's a different feeling from period crampings, etc.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2015, 01:19 PM
    You might want to wait and see what happens over the next few days. If this is just a slightly unusual period from your norm, the bleeding should end. If, after several more days, you are still bleeding and feeling unwell, you could always go back to your doctor again. Sometimes a change in hormones, outside of those associated with a period, can result in irregular bleeding. That would be just one possible reason for what you are experiencing.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 day missed Period [ 1 Answers ]

My period is one day late. Should I be worried?

Missed 1 pill started to bleed next day now have tender breast and period like cramps [ 0 Answers ]

My periods are very irregular anyway however I am taking brevinor oral contraceptive and I missed 1 pill and the very next day I started to bleed and experience period like pain, now my breast are getting more tender by the day to, I experience sore breast throughout my periods could this be...

Bleeding on fourth day after missed period [ 2 Answers ]

I had my period on 23 June in last month but in this month I had missed my period.but I had small brown ,solid bleeding on 27.is I am pregnant or not?

Brown discharge 1 day after missed period? [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Fifth day of missed period.Am I Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a week before my expected period, but when the day came for it to come it never came. Now I'm 5 days late and I'm getting really worried. Ive been having body aches and headaches every other day... n I've ben getting pain in my stomach and on my sides...

View more questions Search