Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guyhood Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Underground wire in conduit close to water line
    I have installed 3" schedule 40 pvc conduit from the street to a barn for hooking up a 200 meter service. Is there a requirement or code that states you have be a certain distance from water lines? We are about 12" under a water line with the conduit, which will have 3 large wires feeding the meter.
    Thank you, Guy
    Anthony_ Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Nope, no requirement on that. Just as long as you are deep enough, and if you're 12" below a water line, you probably are deep enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

Plumbing, Underground Gas Line [ 9 Answers ]

Under the UPC in effect and with a 3/4" galvanized gas line stubout at a residence in California built in 1999, the following questions are posed:

Pulling wire through conduit [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have 100' of 10/2 UF cable running underground through 3/4" PVC conduit. I need to pull the 10/2 out, and pull in 10/3 UF (or its code equivalent) to replace it. I have 3 questions: 1) Is 10/3 UF cable always produced in a flat configuration, or does some company manufacture a round...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search