Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2005, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Enlighten us. What DOES the Bible say about birth control?
    MORGANITE
    The Bible does not specifically address the issue of birth control. Understand when the scriptures were written condoms, the pill, diaphragms , IUDs , vasectomies and tubal ligations hadn't been developed yet. There is also insufficient evidence to determine whether enough was understood about monthly cycles for the people of the time to even practice the rhythm method. The only potential means of birth control was withdrawl, which today we know is so ineffective that it's not even worth it. Any denominational teachings about birth control are based on inferences and guesswork. The most prudent argument is that since the scriptures do not specifiaclly prohibit it, then it's permissible so long as its use does not lead to a violation of any other divine laws.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 25, 2005, 02:02 PM
    If you are concerned about going to hedoublehockeysticks then try not mating in the first place. Go to school, get your education, get a very good job, get you a house, stay out of debt or take care of the debt, meet a great person, marry, have kids when you have done all this and talked about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I messed up my birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking...

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Men's Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if someone can answer my question about Men's Birth Control, as far as I heard, now adays there are ways other than use of contraceptive techniques I mean by surgery, so how true is that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search