Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2005, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettynPetite1
    MORGANITE, you have resorted to name calling and you have the nerve to tell me that I have some growing up to do. A grown man such as yourself shouldn't be imposing your biblical beliefs on women. Women have the right to control their own body and to make their own decisions about birth control and sex whether you like it or not. It is not your place to judge us.
    As I understand it from his posts he (I actually thought he was a woman) is some form of "scholar" in some divinity college. Rather out of touch with us common folk who have jobs, families, travel, etc. When it comes to arguing about the meaning of a certain word in a certain verse of some parable then I would differ to him/her. But other than that...
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Oct 30, 2005, 07:35 PM
    Nk
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    As I understand it from his posts he (I actually thought he was a woman) is some form of "scholar" in some divinity college. Rather out of touch with us common folk who have jobs, families, travel, etc. When it comes to arguing about the meaning of a certain word in a certain verse of some parable then I would differ to him/her. But other than that ...

I am a retired blue collar worker. I had a job, family, travel limited these days, so don't get snotty and above yourself by assuming that you know who I am and what I do or have done. You don't. You don't know my gender. If you feel free to try to belittle someone, get ready to get it right back with interest. I have enever been to any divinity college and have no interest in going to one, but I am interested in all religions, and this is the religion corner of askme, and it is not your personal property. I am not a fundamentalist as hinted by one of the two of your little snots. You are free to differ. I wellcome it. That is discussion/debate.

I asked whether a woman's rights over her own body, one of the questions asked here, superceded the rights of the unborn she carried and whether that unborn had any rights. The response was a snotty explosion of rage and insult but no answer. If that's all you got you ain't all that.

MORGANITE

:eek:
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2005, 03:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    The response was a snotty explosion of rage and and insult but no answer.
    Wow, your post is kind of full of rage, no?
    Were you offended because of the gender issue? That would be odd since you posted about me: "She is crappier than you are." on the previous page. Who cares what gender I am. Oh well, no sense if your being consistent is there?

As for the divinity school, I gleaned that info from your post here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showpo...3&postcount=17

I think the fundamentalism tag comes form the fact that you appear to quote scripture a lot and seem to base your life on it to the letter. http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...fundamentalist

Anyway, let bygones be bygones.
    How many kids do you have? I have two.

Oct 31, 2005, 02:22 PM
    Wow, your post is kinda full of rage, no?
    Were you offended because of the gender issue? That would be odd since you posted about me: "She is crappier than you are." on the previous page. Who cares what gender I am. Oh well, no sense if your being consistent is there?

As for the divinity school, I gleaned that info from your post here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showpo...3&postcount=17

I think the fundamentalism tag comes form the fact that you appear to quote scripture a lot and seem to base your life on it to the letter. http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...fundamentalist

Anyway, let bygones be bygones.
    How many kids do you have? I have two.

You are right. I let you ruffle my feathers. I took exception to your assumptions about me, every one of which was wrong.

I did say 'some' were in theological seminaries, and 'some' are, but I didn't say I was because I am not, and never have been. Fundamentalists have a peculiar approach to life and religion, but I am not now, and never have been, a fundamentalist... I disagree with many of their views, such as, the total depravity of mankind, and the inheritance of original sin, beside other differences. I also reject Calvin's doctrines of predestination of the saved and the damned out of hand. Using scriptures to answer scripturally based questions seems nothing extraordinary, but to each his own. I am not a Bble literalist, never have been, never will be. Religion is a thing of the spirit, and, "the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life."

I enjoy reasoned discussion. It is one of my hobbies now that I am disabled.

Okay, let's move on.

I have six biological kids, some fosters, some steps, and I am a Democrat.

MORGANITE

:)

Oct 31, 2005, 05:08 PM
    As I understand it from his posts he (I actually thought he was a woman) is some form of "scholar" in some divinity college. Rather out of touch with us common folk who have jobs, families, travel, etc. When it comes to arguing about the meaning of a certain word in a certain verse of some parable then I would differ to him/her. But other than that ...

I didn't mention the bible, so my question was not based on the bible. It is a simple and I believe fair question whether woman has the right to choose to end the life that is inside her. Who protects the unborn? As far as I know, that question is not mooted in the Bible.

MORGANITE
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2005, 05:17 PM
    You have my respect for taking in foster kids, well done. Before I had my own I was a Big Brother for 6 years. It does surprise me that you are a democrat though since some of your stances seem a little on the conservative side; perhaps we are similar in that we are moderates.

On the birth control/abortion issue I side more on the liberal. I see too many people these days who are parents who should definetely not be. The amount of defective parenting going on in the US these days is atrocious. If the parenting was done correctly in the first place then young ladies would perhaps not be so promiscuous and make bad choices in partners. And the boys would have more respect for others and have responsibility for their actions.

But I am tolerant of the choices that others make. I choose not to include those that use others and have a lack of respect for their fellow man in my circle of friends, whether they have a Jesus fish on their car of not. I judge people as individuals - I've learned that it isn't your religion, race, color, or nationality that makes you a good man, it's the person.

There I'm done and I will leave you to your graces. I'm sorry to hear you are disabled but I see that hasn't slowed you down any. :) The internet is a great equalizer that way.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2005, 05:21 PM
    I didn't mention the bible, so my question was not based on the bible. It is a simple and I believe fair question whether woman has the right to choose to end the life that is inside her. Who protects the unborn? As far as I know, that question is not mooted in the Bible.
    MORGANITE
    That will always be a tough one to answer these days since there are so many options available now that were not available in 10 BC for example. I believe in birth control but I don't believe in using abortion as birth control. Late term abortions should not be available in my opinion, better to set the baby up for adoption as there is a backlog of people who want to be parents but cannot for some biological reason.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 5, 2005, 09:16 PM
    Gee Hank, I have no idea, when I see him and chat with him, I will ask him!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 6, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HANK
    What is God's will regarding the use of birth control?

HANK :)
    Don't know, and since it is a written document - written by other humans, I'd rather wait until 'He' tells me himself by helping me feel his choice for me.
    What is His will regarding rape, incest, and the risks of modern day STDs, not to mention what already was such as poverty, hatred, etc?
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 6, 2005, 12:46 PM
    Why Not...

.ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION, WHAT DO *YOU* THINK?

Personally, I don't know what your God thinks, but then that means I would have to define what the term 'god' means to me to further continue with this. So... it ends.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2005, 07:38 AM
    Birth control
    Hi, again,
    There is no mention of birth control in the New Testament. The only mention, possibly, is in Genesis 38, where a man ejaculated on the ground, after sex. The intention or understanding of why God struck him dead is not known and is conjecture.
    Some denominations, or churches, believe in birth control, as you already know. But, there is nothing definitive in the Bible about it.
    So, how does one know God's will toward it... interpretation is the only answer I know, through prayer.
    bramha Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2005, 07:16 AM
    Birth Control
    Hi,
    Do not control Birth,
    It is OK depending upon physical condition of couple.
    GOD has othing to do with Birth,

Nov 22, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Onan
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi, again,
    There is no mention of birth control in the New Testament. The only mention, possibly, is in Genesis 38, where a man ejaculated on the ground, after sex. The intention or understanding of why God struck him dead is not known and is conjecture.
    Some denominations, or churches, believe in birth control, as you already know. But, there is nothing definitive in the Bible about it.
    So, how does one know God's will toward it......interpretation is the only answer I know, through prayer.

Onan practised coitus interuptus

MORGANITE
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2005, 01:20 PM
    Well Hank according Catholic religion teachings. God teaches about marriage and marriage is for two people who vow to spend the rest of their life together and who want to start a family. Sexual relations are for people who are married. So the idea of preventing pregnancy, preventing family, is against Gods purpose.

Joe
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 23, 2005, 03:56 PM
    OK, you got me started.
    Masturbation is a no,no as it will make you blind, or grow hair on your palms.
    Sex before marriage is a no,no but nobody wants to educate their kids - it's a taboo.
    Society frowns on catholic couples who have one child each year, and don't know how to feed them, because they are really not allowed to have sex unless intending to procreate.
    In China, you are not allowed to have more than one child.
    In South America there are so many homeless children, or sold children because the world cannot feed them anymore.
    In wealthy countries, there is rampant HIV, as well as in third world-countries - and the church still condems birth control??
    In North Korea, people are dying in the streets for lack of basic rice stolen before it even gets to them.
    WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?
    Excuse me, but what the Bible says about birthcontrol at this point, seems so inconsequential to me on this already over-populated planet.

I'm not even going to go any further with this as I have more important things in life to think about. Maybe I should not have entered this world with a brain and common sense.. :mad:

Nov 23, 2005, 04:35 PM
    Bible and Birth Control
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Masturbation is a no,no as it will make you blind, or grow hair on your palms.
    Sex before marriage is a no,no but nobody wants to educate their kids - it's a taboo.
    Society frowns on catholic couples who have one child each year, and don't know how to feed them, because they are really not allowed to have sex unless intending to procreate.
    In China, you are not allowed to have more than one child.
    In South America there are so many homeless children, or sold children because the world cannot feed them anymore.
    In wealthy countries, there is rampant HIV, as well as in third world-countries - and the church still condems birth control???
    In North Korea, people are dying in the streets for lack of basic rice stolen before it even gets to them.
    WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?
    Excuse me, but what the Bible says about birthcontrol at this point, seems so inconsequential to me on this already over-populated planet.

I'm not even going to go any further with this as I have more important things in life to think about. Maybe I should not have entered this world with a brain and common sense..:mad:

Enlighten us. What DOES the Bible say about birth control?

MORGANITE
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 23, 2005, 04:39 PM
    Enlighten us. What DOES the Bible say about birth control?

MORGANITE
    Sorry dear, don't know and DON'T CARE! It's the here and now that I think about and not what was before our time. And if you followed some of my opinions about religion and my personal experience with it, you'd understand my frustration over it. Hope I don't offend you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 23, 2005, 10:32 PM
    Hank

Just ask HIM :cool: when you get an answer please share.

Nov 24, 2005, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Sorry dear, And if you followed some of my opinions about religion and my personal experience with it, you'd understand my frustration over it. Hope I don't offend you.

I am not offended, just curious. I understand honest disagreement with principles that are worked out by someone to explain where their difference comes from. What I don't understand is what someone who is not willing to explain their position with clarity gets out of pouring cold water on an open and honest debate between people who are interested.

If reading what others have to say based on their own personal experiences and beliefs frustrates you, why bother saying so? I understand the principle of free speech, but it cuts both ways. You say you "don't know and DON'T CARE!. It's the here and now that I think about and not what was before our time.

To many people it is the here and now. They are alive and such matter come to bear on their lives. They have questions about Birth Control, and want to know how others interpret that religious aspects of it and what, if anything, the Bible holds on the subject.

If you "don't know and don't care," why do you stick your oar in? I am just curious and not trying to offend you, dearie. Negative splats and put downs don't ever seem to help a debate progress. Wouldn't you agree?

Have a great Thanksgiving Day if it is your custom to honor it. If not, have a great day.

MORGANITE

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 24, 2005, 03:37 PM
    I am not offended, just curious. I understand honest disagreement with principles that are worked out by someone to explain where their difference comes from. What I don't understand is what someone who is not willing to explain their position with clarity gets out of pouring cold water on an open and honest debate between people who are interested.

If reading what others have to say based on their own personal experiences and beliefs frustrates you, why bother saying so? I understand the principle of free speech, but it cuts both ways. You say you "don't know and DON'T CARE!. It's the here and now that I think about and not what was before our time.

To many people it is the here and now. They are alive and such matter come to bear on their lives. They have questions about Birth Control, and want to know how others interpret that religious aspects of it and what, if anything, the Bible holds on the subject.

If you "don't know and don't care," why do you stick your oar in? I am just curious and not trying to offend you, dearie. Negative splats and put downs don't ever seem to help a debate progress. Wouldn't you agree?

Have a great Thanksgiving Day if it is your custom to honor it. If not, have a great day.

MORGANITE

Maybe I should have been a little more explicit, I meant the issue of birth control, not the entire Bible. I do care as it is good for those who need devine guidance and I have no qualms over the good book itself, just some interpreters. You too, have a good holiday..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I messed up my birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking...

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Men's Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if someone can answer my question about Men's Birth Control, as far as I heard, now adays there are ways other than use of contraceptive techniques I mean by surgery, so how true is that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search