Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelml Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 09:28 AM
    Birth Control... whose lies are you going to believe
    Morganite... great question and comments. When will women quite buying into this lie that we own our bodies??

Prettypetite, I acknowledge that there are other belief systems out there but there is still only one Creator... and it is He that created us (including you), he knew us before we were in our mother's womb.

Your not fighting a law, a political stance, nor a religion. Your fighting a spiritual battle and your not even aware. Don't let popular belief nor modern day trends lead your astray... know who your enemy is. Believe me, he knows you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelml
    When will women quite buying into this lie that we own our bodies???
    So, women don't own their bodies?
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 27, 2005, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    i think it is against the laws of nature to do birth controll.
    I hope you realize that there are natural substances that work like contraceptives. Slaves used them all the time here in America.
    c7c7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bucker
    I believe in birth controll, also abortion, one second before conception
    That's why there's the "morning after" pill. Abortions usually can't be done until the middle of the first trimester, I think?

Also, I'm on birth control, and at my age, why not? It's better to be prepared for when you have a child and everyone needs sexual freedom.

Oct 27, 2005, 03:06 PM
    To NeedKarma
    ... did you not bother to read the rest of my post? Yes, I own the body that God made for me... and I can make chioces to do with my body as I please. However, as a child of God; I try to walk in truth and light and make choices that are based on the word of God... not opinions from men (and women) who kill our unborn children in the name of "feminism."
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 27, 2005, 07:03 PM
    Who are we to judge people in god's name? People should have the right to privacy which includes the ability to use birth control. It is not anyone's place to judge other people. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in god and god forgives all humans. You have the freedom to oppose contraception, but you shouldn't impose your biblical beliefs on others.
    c7c7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2005, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelml
    ...did you not bother to read the rest of my post? Yes, I own the body that God made for me.....and I can make chioces to do with my body as I please. However, as a child of God; I try to walk in truth and light and make choices that are based on the word of God....not opinions from men (and women) who kill our unborn children in the name of "feminism."
    Let's say you are in no financial position to, but you end up having five kids, and you can barely provide for them. Why would your put your "loyalty" to God over the well-being of children? Why have a child if you cannot provide a good life for them, don't you think that's unfair?

You are the kind of WEIRDOS who are trying to shut down Planned Parenthood and contraceptives. Do you have any idea about how horrible and painful illegal abortions were, and how it would be if they were like that again? Who said women kill their babies in the name of "feminism"? Did God "say" feminism is wrong too?
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Oct 28, 2005, 08:08 AM
    I think contraception & that does not include abortion is a very logical approach. For those of you guys who are totally against it, try going to third world countries where they have 11 children, no work & still in their late 30s. There are still countries who discourage contraception & they have children dying from poverty & malnutrition. The teachings of the Church may be against contraception but 1 thing,we have a REASONABLE & UNDERSTANDING God who knows that at these times, too many children is not practical. I would rather be protected than add misery to this world bringing forth children I could not even support! That for me, would even be a bigger sin.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2005, 08:35 AM
    I agree Dimples but the fundamentalist christians may come back and say that sexual relations are only for procreation. Which would mean I guess that if you have 2 kids you've had sex a grand total of 2 times in your life. If that's how they want to live their life that's fine with me.

Oct 28, 2005, 09:40 AM
    For those who are calling me a WEIRDO and FUNDAMENTALIST
    ... my original email response was a guideline to contraception. My second response was tageted at abortion. I agree with many of the comments about the use of contraceptives when a family cannot afford or is not able to emotionally or financially accommodate children. However, this WEIRDO does not advocate abortion for any reason... and my fundamentalist attitude extends this to the following scenarios: RAPE, DISEASE, ETC. Murder is Murder.

Let me try to restate my comments so those of you who are so quick to lash out with name calling might have an opportunity to think before you type.

You can believe what you want to believe; those are your freedoms afforded to you by God himself. I am simply stating the truth that Satan, yes Satan, is very cunning and manipulative. You are so concerned that a human being is trying to convert you to a way of truth and your blinded to the fact that Satan himself is converting your thought patterns. He (Satan) always manipulates us with things, thoughts, and false beliefs that seem so logical that we never question them... we just follow blindly.

To summarize, I know that many of you cannot wait to come back with accusations, crass assumptions, and some of you may resort to name calling. So be it... this WEIRDO will pray for you... your salvation and the salvation of your future generations. Your not fighiting against me or people like me... your fight is against an enemy that your in denial about.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2005, 10:11 AM
    Dude, relax. Since when did the word fundamentalist become a bad thing?
    It means: a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles (see:http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...fundamentalist) and you fit the bill. I see no need to get defensive. I'm not fighting with anyone nor am I in denial about anything. You have your religious beliefs and I have mine, please don't look down your nose at me because I am not like you - I don't do that to you. Try a little tolerance and accept that others just may be a little different than you.

Also my post wasn't speaking directly of you, not sure where you got that idea.

Oct 28, 2005, 10:31 AM
    NeedKarma
    I was not looking "down my nose" at you or anyone else. Again, it is extremely difficult to communicate emotions, expressions, intent over the internet. That is why we waste so much of our time replying to posts trying to get our points and opinions across so others can understand and not
    mis-interpret.

My only goal is to try and live my life in the will of God. I slip daily and try to do better the next. When I see opportunity to share what I have been blessed to learn... I take that opportunity and pray that someone is open to hearing truth. Believe me, I spent many years of my life believing the very same things that I have read in these posts. I've explored agnostic beliefs and others. Nothing has ever made changes in my life like the love of Jesus Christ.

In closing, please note that I am a female. I have no children, nor any plans to.. and I have had an abortion many years ago. Perhaps this puts some perspective into where I am coming from. I come from experience, from the chaos and pain that my past decisions and choices have caused in my lilfe. I wish that I would have listened to some of those fundamentalists earlier in my life. Perhaps I would not have spent so many miserable years searching for fulfillment and acceptance from those who are not capable of giving it.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
    I'm happy that you found something that offers you comfort. I hope that you have no regrets about past events. Take care.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Oct 29, 2005, 08:32 AM
    Abortion
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    So, women don't own their bodies?
    Women do own their bodies, but they do not own the body growing inside their bodies, and do not own the right to kill that other body.

Can you see the difference?

MORGANITE
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2005, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Women do own their bodies, but they do not own the body growing inside their bodies, and do not own the right to kill that other body.

Can you see the difference?

MORGANITE
    Damn, you love to argue all day don't you.
    -

Oct 29, 2005, 10:28 PM
    NeedKarma, don't waste your time arguing with Morganite. You will only be subjected to his fundamental beliefs. Even though, most of us don't like his missionary remarks, however, he has the right to excise his freedom of speech.

Oct 30, 2005, 10:54 AM
    Needkarma
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Damn, you love to argue all day don't you.

I'm willing to learn from the Big Dogs.
    You tell me what the rules are and I will follow them.

MORGANITE

:rolleyes:

Oct 30, 2005, 11:07 AM
    PrettynPetitenStupid1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnideynSnotty
    NeedKarma, don't waste your time arguing with Morganite. You will only be subjected to his fundamental beliefs. Even though, most of us don't like his missionary remarks, however, he has the right to excise his freedom of speech.

NK has not argued with me, only insulted me. She is crappier than you are. I don't need your permission to have freedom of speech. What makes imagine I am a fundamentalist? Delsional? If snotty remarks are the best you can do, you have my sympathy, but if snide and snot are all you have to lay on the table, you have some serious growing up to do.

MORGANITE

:eek:
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Oct 30, 2005, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by c7c7
    That's why there's the "morning after" pill. Abortions usually can't be done until the middle of the first trimester, I think?

Also, I'm on birth control, and at my age, why not? It's better to be prepared for when you have a child and everyone needs sexual freedom.
    Abortions can be done at any age of gestation. Some even at 7 months. I do think it is entirely up to the woman. That is her decision & for her conscience to bear. But I am still very much pro birth control per se as I think overpopulation begets more crime & poverty & hatred. Let us ride with the times. Unplanned conception is just too great a burden so rather I'd be safe than sorry.
    -

Oct 30, 2005, 04:34 PM
    MORGANITE, you have resorted to name calling and you have the nerve to tell me that I have some growing up to do. A grown man such as yourself shouldn't be imposing your biblical beliefs on women. Women have the right to control their own body and to make their own decisions about birth control and sex whether you like it or not. It is not your place to judge us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I messed up my birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking...

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Men's Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if someone can answer my question about Men's Birth Control, as far as I heard, now adays there are ways other than use of contraceptive techniques I mean by surgery, so how true is that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search