Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Mar 2, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Nature Of The Human Soul:
    What lies ahead as the ultimate destiny of the soul?

HANK :)
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2005, 03:56 PM
    There is none
    There is no "ultimate" destiny, because as you well know, all time is now.
    Eternity is the eternal now so how can there be anything ultimate or final?
    I think this is extremely difficult for people to grasp. We create all times and all events from this eternal now. It is so wondrously simple.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

May 22, 2005, 10:52 PM
    Soul
    Of course the discussion of what will happen to the human soul is a religious matter, so you would have to look into the various religions to see what answers they come up with. Of course some people don't believe in the concept of a "soul."

Statements like, "There is no "ultimate" destiny, because as you well know, all time is now. Eternity is the eternal now so how can there be anything ultimate or final?" make me wonder what line of reasoning or objective proof they are basing this on.

If you have some understaning of the nature of the atom you might be aware of the fact that electrons, which orbit the nucleus of atoms, will eventually run out of energy and stop, causing matter to decay into inert, cold particles. In other words, the universe itself will end if something like the big bang doesn't re-occur sometime in the distant future to recharge the atoms in the universe. In other words, there might be an "ultimate or final" end to the universe.

I also find the notion that "We create all times and all events" to be a shocking statement, espically when you consider the massive bodies we have learned about in the universe and the overwhelming forces that exist which could dash this planet to pieces in an instant. To think that we have created such things is beyond rationality.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 27, 2005, 11:49 PM
    Assume a humble identity
    []the soul will become a part of another place and time, its own energy frequency has attracted all its molecular traits into one infinity beyond the reach of the corrupted structures,and at that place we shall all have great powers far beyond the capabilities of ordinary man able to understand the mechanics of the universe ,and also able to be in all places at one time and yet to assume a humble identity.so as to glorify the truth and justice in our lord :) :) :) :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2005, 04:38 AM
    Soul
    Hi,
    The answer depends on your on religion or spirtual beliefs.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 30, 2005, 07:59 PM
    In your head
    Since when does a truth depend on a belife I ask you fine people to answer that in your own heads .
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 23, 2006, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HANK
    What lies ahead as the ultimate destiny of the soul?

HANK :)
    From a biblical standpoint that depends on the choices a person makes, or more specifically, a person's behavior.

Ezekiel 18:4
    Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. KJV

Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV
    I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

BTW
    The nature of the human soul is a separate issue from its destiny.
    The nature of the soul involves what the soul is.
    Its destiny involves its future.
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Apr 24, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion! Beyond rationality seems a little harsh... but that's OK. I take no offense. If you study quantum mechanics it will surely help you understand how reality works and you will see that my ideas may be a little shocking but also valid and perhaps correct.
    -

May 23, 2006, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by keenu
    . We create all times and all events from this eternal now. It is so wondrously simple.
    You seem to be speaking of a subjective reality? The subjective reality which Humes considered the result of sense impressions. Right?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Your soul lives within in you in another plane of existence acting as the intermediary between your human mind and the higher self.

mike145k, good observation dude.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 8, 2006, 04:13 PM
    I like to consider the human soul to be a marvelous mystery worth pondering off and on at length, simply enjoying every blissful "now" moment of it... so forgive me if I seem reluctant to reach a conclusion here.

For now, it's more than enough for me to have met mine (funny, it DOES seem a lot like any of yours too!) and still be learning how to lovingly care for it. Xoxo
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 8, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Hi Hank.

By 'Soul' l take it you mean our life force or spirit or whatever it is that keeps us ticking. We know it's there because we talk to it and occasionally, it comes up with answers.

My own spiritual or cerebral - or a mixture of both - stuggles have led me to the conclusion that our soul does live on after death - but not in us - in our children and therefore it is eternal (or until we [the human race] blow our planet up or the next K2 happens or - with all this genetic engineering going on - actually manage to neuter the whole race).

Personally, I don't like the idea of this heaven - the believers tell us that all we have to do is confess our sins and ours will be the kingdom of heaven - or something along those lines. Logically this means that every paedofile murderer or whoever - as long as they confessed - will be up there and between them and the bible bashers I think I'd just rather pop off to sleep at the end of my shift and leave the world to my kids.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jun 8, 2006, 07:38 PM
    Jonegy -

Why bring up the worst of them? (pedophiles murderers) Anyway , their confession would require repentance from God. And I'm sure He scrutinizes very carefully when judging them.

Why not concentrate more on the benefits of Heaven promised to those that love and obey God?

Your conclusion isn't very convincing at all. Is it so hard to accept the truth that has been followed throughout the Bible?

If you are at the Religion category then you should at least acknowledge that wise people believe in God. Nothing else. It's a fact.

Always trying to disclaim or denounce religions shows you come to the religion topics in offensive mode. If you had something better creed to talk about you would. But you try to discredit God.

So I think you should approach this subject with more reverrance.
    Or at least with an open mind. You'd be surprised at what you might learn about Christianity.

Cheeri do then...
    -

Jun 8, 2006, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Your soul lives within in you in another plane of existance acting as the intermediary between your human mind and the higher self. Why don't you take a little trip and go meet it? That might clear up all of your false notions and biased misinterpretations of all the crap you have been told. You are right, that depends on which religon (crap) you beleive. This is your que to get pissed. Go ahead...go on...get down.

mike145k, good observation dude.
    Really? The sad truth is that research reveals the popular concept of the soul comes from Platonic philosophy.

Excerpt:
    The concept of the soul's supposed immortality was first taught in ancient Egypt and Babylon. "The belief that the soul continues in existence after the dissolution of the body is ... speculation ... nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture ... The belief in the immortality of the soul came to the Jews from contact with Greek thought and chiefly through the philosophy of Plato, its principal exponent, who was led to it through Orphic and Eleusinian mysteries in which Babylonian and Egyptian views were strangely blended" (Jewish Encyclopedia, 1941, Vol. VI, "Immortality of the Soul," pp. 564, 566).
    http://www.ucgstp.org/lit/booklets/h...ishistory.html

Immortal Soul
    WHERE DID THE IDEA OF AN "IMMORTAL SOUL"COME FROM? From the booklet "What is Man?" by Keith W. Stump. FEW BELIEFS are more widely held than that of the "immortal soul." Virtually everyone is familiar with the concept.. . Many will suppose that the Platonic view of the soul imprisoned in the flesh would have been nothing new to...

http://www.british-israel.ca/immortalsoul.htm

The History of the Immortal-Soul Teaching
    Secular history reveals that the concept of the immortality of the soul is an ancient belief embraced by many pagan religions. But it is not a biblical or apostolic teaching.

So if you wish to propagate and believe Platonic ideas be my guest, But please be so kind as to allow those who don't believe Platonic ideas to express themselves freely without being a target of your insults. Think you can manage that?

BTW
    If my answers bother you as much as your posturing seems to indicate, then why not simply place me on your ignore list instead of resorting to self-gratifying insults which might very well lead to pop-goes-the-weasel unsavory consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    Jonegy -
    Your conclusion isn't very convincing at all.
    Cheeri do then....
    That's because these are merely opinions offered up as possibilities interspersed with insinuations of probabilities. Behind all this devil-may-care unsupported speculation is a rejection of the Bible. Once the Bible is considered as being of no consequence, then any idea that pops into the mind can be put forth as viable.
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 11:33 PM
    What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
    Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:35-37 (NIV) Did Christ mean your soul was something you carry around in your pocket, not inside?
    The word soul, among many others, have never really had a static meaning and their modern connotations are misleading when applied to ancient thought. The Hebrew religion never outgrew the idea that man's life is indisolubly associated with his body, ie: bodily resurrection. I did not say the soul is imprisoned in the flesh as Platonic teaching points out. I said your soul lives within you and in the other levels of creation as well. Simultaniously, at the same time. Just as our astrial body lives within us as well as in the astrial plane. That is something that is hard to understand and one point Jerry Falwell or that little phoney in the Naru jacket will not tell you. It is a level of spiritualism you must experience for yourself. There comes a time when you must pull your nose out the book and put the knowledge you have acquired to real use. If you don't, you just get stuck deeper and deeper in the mudhole of dogma. Now who wants to play Pop goes the weasle while stuck in a mudhole... but go ahead if you must.
    -

Jun 9, 2006, 02:39 AM
    "My servant in whom MY SOUL delighteth" (Isa. 42:1).

So according to you God has a soul?

Biblically,the word soul is used to refer to life itself, future life, the person himself. The word Nephesh is used for soul. Other Hebrew words are used for spirit. Adam became a living soul he was NOT given one. That the soul is not something invisible and immortal is obvious when we see the Bible refer to it as being killed by a sword, eating, feeling hungry, and getting destroyed.

The Bible definition of 'soul':
    Gen. 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul." [Hebrew - Nephesh]

Nephesh: A breathing creature, i.e. animal. [or man] (The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, 1984)

Plato of course had his own ideas which you seem to prefer which is OK by me since everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter what it might be. But please keep in mind that what a person experiences might be caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. It is subjective experience which means nothing except that the person feels it's real.

Biblical passages that are misinterpreted http://www.wrestedscriptures.com/b01...surdities.html

Spiritualism in Christianity Today
    Is our Soul Immortal? Or is the Bible correct in saying that only God has Immortality? And what about those that teach Spirit + Body + Soul = a person? Is THAT Biblical?. nothing new about it) teaching of reincarnation. The soul is immortal, it goes on, after death, so you... The shocking news is, the soul is not immortal! When this Biblical...

http://www.homestead.com/dclwolf/soul.html

The Bible Meaning of "Soul": AN ANIMAL LIFE OR BODY SUBJECT TO DEATH -- NOT IMMORTAL
    ... New and Old Testaments In Harmony. "Living Soul" Equals "Natural Body... Testament, which may be summarized as follows: Soul, living being, life, self, person, desire, appetite, emotion...

http://www.antipas.org/books/soul/soul_1.html

BTW
    The information provided above is meant for the ones who were meant to understand.

Excerpt:
    The Scriptures themselves give the answer. They tell us that the Truth is hidden from all except those few whose minds and hearts please God [2 Cor. 4:4; Matt. 13:11-15; Mark 4:11; Luke 8:10; 1st Cor. 2:14; Isa. 55:8; Matt. 7:13-14; 20:16; 22:14; Matt. 24:12-13; Luke 13:23-24; 18:8; 2 Tim. 4:3-4; Matt. 11:25; Luke 10:21]. Divine truth is not a common thing to be probed by every curious scholar [1 Cor. 1:17-29; 2:1-16; 3:18-20]. Unless a man sets his heart to seek God and sets his life to conform to God's will, he can no more find the truth of the Scriptures [Deut. 4:29; 1 Chron. 28:9; 2 Chron. 15:2; 31:21; Prov. 28:5; Isa. 55:6; Jer. 29:13; Amos 5:14; Matt. 6:33; 7:7; Luke 11:9; 12:31; 13:24; Acts 17:27; Heb. 11:6; Rom. 12:1-2] than the men of Sodom could find the door of Lot's house [Gen. 19:11].

God has said that He will send a strong delusion upon all those who receive not the LOVE of the Truth, that they should believe a lie (2 Thess. 2:10-11).
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2006, 03:13 AM
    OK, your right, you have no soul.
    -

Jun 9, 2006, 03:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    OK, your right, you have no soul.
    We don't have souls we are souls.

Genesis 2:7
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. KJV
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 03:33 AM
    I have soul. <cue music>
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 9, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Please, please PLEASE - do read the original question. (deja vu or what? )

1 - Pumpkin - Hank asked for all opinions, so would you please direct your thoughts on the ORIGINAL question to him.

2 - Starman - Roughly the same as above but with the addition that I think by now Hank knows your opinions from postings numbered 7,9,14,16 and 18.

1 & 2 - Your opinions on my posting, while offering you another opportunity to do your ranting, may or may not be of interest to him and as you well know, certainly doesn't interest me as I (and I suspect) quite a few of the other readers are aware of your beliefs ad nauseam.

You did I hope, observe that I used the term "personally" in my posting which means I was speaking (ok writing :) ) a personal message to him. Is this disrespect for other peoples privacy part of your beliefs as I do find it extremely rude and I am very easily hurt - you do realise that we Brits are very sensitive people :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are we good by nature? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I wasn't sure where to place this, the other option was "religion" but I decided not to make it merely a religion-related topic, because this might have taken to debate to a certain direction. On the other hand, I was afraid "Philosophy" was too, high, so I had a swift glance around,...

Sad Soul by Ronnie Bird [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I am looking for the words of a song of Ronnie Bird. Can somebody help me. The song is "sad soul". I write here-under all the words I have understood but it is very fast and I'm french ! Everybody knows french people are not very smart with foreign languages ! ***** Sad soul and a tired...

A sneaky nature... [ 18 Answers ]

My husband of 30 years has fantazied with every woman he comes in contact with, even as we are together. He sneaks winks, touchs and speical connections with any woman, regardless if he knows her or not. It seems to be a challenge to see if he can get them to respond. When we are in public he is...

Soul mates? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all! I am just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about soul mates and past life connections. Me and my ex boyf split up in June and since that I have had a few psychic readings and a lot of them have told me that they feel that we are soul mates and that we were connected in many...

Song by R&B/Pop/Soul Artist. [ 1 Answers ]

SOme of the lyrics are. I believe I was born to love only one woman/all I have to fear is fear itself... I believe, that if I stay, then love will leave? I can send a voice recording to sing a little bit of it if that will help better.

View more questions Search