Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kmkatz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2015, 01:24 PM
    MDT riding mower will not start
    14.5 hp Briggs & Stratton OHC, Mower will turn over and start on starting fuel but not Gas. I have taken off carborator and cleaned with carb cleaner and air hose with no change. Any idea on next step?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 21, 2015, 05:06 PM
    Hi,
    Since carb has been cleaned, then now replace the flywheel key that you sheared using the starting fluid (which is a definite no-no on gas engines.)
    Peace,
    Calrke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bolan riding lawn mower will not start up. I was cutting grass and stopped mower tu [ 1 Answers ]

Bolan riding lawn mower will not start up. I was cutting grass and stopped mower turn off pto then tun off eng. 5min later I try to start mower but would not start up. [email protected]

My huskee riding mower start missing when I engage the mower deck 17.5 hp briggs [ 1 Answers ]

My huskee riding mower 17.5 hp briggs ! Starts missing running bad when I engage the mower deck

John Deer Riding Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deer Riding Lawn Mower LX 173. It won't start. It ran fine last fall and I have a new battery on it. It will start with the help of starting fluid and run for just a second and then shut off. I found a hose disconnected on it but I'm not sure where it goes. It was laying...

My riding mower will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have basically given it a tune up... I have change the gas filter, changed the spark plug and the air filter doesn't appear to need to be changed. The battery turns over real good but it will not start, it appears to not be getting gas. Also I checked the fuse and it appears to be okay also. ...

View more questions Search