Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikkirossay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2015, 12:48 AM
    EtG
    I had one mix shot one night and I was called in the next day for a random drug and EtG test for my company will I fail? I had plenty of water after the shot and urinated frequently. I also drank about 40 ounces of water before the test. I a female I weigh 140 and I'm 5"5
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 02:22 AM
    I would seriously worry about failing for a diluted sample. People who drink excessive water will normally fail for that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 07:51 AM
    The first instinct is to drink a lot of water to hide what you drank. It's a panic move and often backfires. One mixed drank probably doesn't take you above the allowable level for failure.

I hope you still pass, but the lesson to learn is NEVER try to hide what you have done, or cheat the system. That's worse than failing outright in most cases. Mostly a fail only triggers a confirmation test, so you went through all of those those mind games and cheating for nothing in the first place.

Read your own handbook which covers these things, since you knew the job can randomly test you and has informed you of the policy and procedure they employ. They also probably tell you what the acceptable level is to pass a test also. Then you can act accordingly, and not cheat because you PANICKED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG [ 1 Answers ]

If you give a UA, is that the same as an ETG?

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG [ 0 Answers ]

I drank a small glass of sake on Sunday night at 8pm and tested at 5pm Wednesday night will I come up possitive for an ETG test?

View more questions Search