Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slworry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2015, 12:34 PM
    When a complaint is filed against an employee should that same employee investigate?
    An hourly employee files a complaint with me the HR Manager against another exempt employee who happens to be the HRGenralist for discussing personal FMLA matters near other employees, should the HRGeneralist investigate this on her own without me te HR manger knowig? I thought discovery was handled by mediator type not directly involved in the complaint.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2015, 04:32 PM
    The person who the complaint was filed against, can not be involved. Who is the compliance officer for the company?

If you are the HR manager, why did you not investigate? Or turn it over someone in management?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2015, 12:42 PM
    The subject of the complain cannot be involved in investigating the complaint, end of story. If you are the HR Manager, how could you even ask that question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a W- 2 employee and make a small amount as a 1099 employee. [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently a W- 2 employee and also make a small amount as a 1099 employee. If I get laid off from my w-2 job will I be able to collect any unemployment? I am located in Maryland. I made less than 3,000 at my 1099 job last year.

May a full-time employee also work as a temporary employee for the same company? [ 3 Answers ]

We are a small CBRF (community based residential facility) in Wisconsin, with 12 full-time employees. In the past when a full-time employee could not work we either have a temporary/pool employee to work ($12.00 per hour). However, sometimes pool employees are unavailable. In that case we have...

Can an employer divulge personal employee information to a non employee? [ 14 Answers ]

I was hurt at work and have been off for 6 weeks due to my injury. My question is, can my employer tell a friend of his that I have been off work and hurt, and missing a lot of work?

I filed taxes as an Independent contractor when I'm an employee [ 2 Answers ]

In 2008 I worked for an employer who paid me in cash she then went on and filed a 1099 form, I had to pay my taxes that year as an independent contractor when in fact I was an employee. I filled out a SS-8 form and the IRS determined I was in fact an employee what do I do now?

Multiple pay rate for one employee? Or employee and contractor? [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employee perform accounting clerk duties at one rate of pay for 15 hours per week and then perform payroll duties 1-2 days a month at a different rate? Alternatively, can this employee (who has a bona fide accounting business on the side) be an employee for the payroll clerk function and...

View more questions Search