Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 10, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Maltipoo (7 weeks) won't eat!
    I just got my 7 week old Matipoo today. She seems very shy and hides her face if you talk to her. She hasn't eaten anything ALL day! I gave her some Pedialite from a syringe and she drank it all and she also had a few sips of water. The guy who sold her to me gave me a bag of food that she had been eating and said she's been eating that food for over a week now. I tried feeding her some milk supplement but she refuses to drink it and I also tried soaking her food in the milk. She also stumbles when she walks. PLEASE HELP ME!

-Worried Mother
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the eating for a few days. Sometimes the new environment is too much. Many puppies come from the breeder too fat. Tempting it with rich food would be a mistake. I don't like the stumbling. Maybe take any medical records you got and head to the vet.

Take a look at the sticky ''What does a puppy need?'', https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 10, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Thank you so much for your quick response. I am very relieved to know she's not starving. Should I put food in her crate when I put her to bed for the night?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 03:10 AM
    No, it is better not to leave food in the crate. If she is going to eat, she will eat in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

7 weeks pregnant can I eat. [ 7 Answers ]

Im 7 weeks pregnant, can I eat prawns?? Im been cravin them a lot recently and I just want to know what I can and can't eat...

5 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first pregnancy. I found out that I am 5 weeks, (3 weeks Gestation) Does that mean I am already in my 2nd month? Or when do I officially begin my 2nd month? Im kind of confused! Kellie

5 weeks maybe? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if I'm pg or not I took at test on the 17th but it was negative so I'm going to take one this week { I have early pg signes} if I am pg I'm 5wks this week and it seems that my boobs are getting bigger one more then the other at the moment lol and my tummy seems bigger to?...

View more questions Search