Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happytogether Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2015, 02:33 PM
    How do I donate bone marrow?
    I want to sign up and donate some bone marrow. Does it hurt? How does it work and when is it a legal age to do so? (I'm only a kid)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 02:55 PM
    It is extremely painful to donate bone marrow. You have to be an exact match to someone who needs it before you can donate.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2015, 03:39 PM
    As J_9 said, you don't just volunteer to donate bone marrow. If you have a close family relative who needs some, you will be evaluated as to how well you match and a decision will be made whether the donation is viable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bone marrow issues [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I had a mri scan a few years and it said that the marrow in my bones in my ankle was swelling the bones and they are rubbin together but its getting worse. I can't even bend my foot down or run wit anymore. Some days its fine and like 2 day I'm fighting the pain and holding back the tears from...

What do low level phosphate in bone marrow mean [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to no due being tolled it but not the meaning

Petrified bone marrow? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of bone marrow that is practically petrified? During a total knee replacement my surgeon had to drill out the bone marrow. Yet neither the pathologist who examined the bone fragments, nor the hematologist who I saw can find any evidence of a bone, bone marrow, or a blood...

Bone marrow donations [ 2 Answers ]

I am a regular blood donator, and at my last donation I was given a leaflet about donating bone marrow. After looking through the leaflet, I felt I may be interested in registering with the blood marrow registary. I am only 18, and I don't know too much about the procedure or anything, but I was...

Abnormal Bone Marrow [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 52 year old woman and I have been having lower back problems. I had an MRI and they found I had bone marrow. I then had a body scan and it showed nothing. Should I be concerned or is this normal to have back problems with abnormal bone marrow?

View more questions Search