Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0709 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2015, 10:24 PM
    Stopped Femilon, had unprotected sex,last periods 23rd may 2015. Queasy. Pregnant?
    Hi, I Have been on Femilon/ Novelon , for 4-6 years, prescribed by my gynecologist. Last periods was on 23rd May 2015 (I was on femilon) I have topped medication since then, as I want to conceive now. Unprotected sex 2 days ago-queasiness from this morning-nausea( no vomitting yet), tiredness, light-headedness, cramps in the leg and thighs, frequent urination.

What are the chances of me being pregnant/
    When and how early should I do pregnancy test?
    What is the expected date of my periods, given that I am off oC?

Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2015, 10:29 PM
    It takes two or three days for the sperm to reach the egg, so at two days, the sperm may just be reaching the egg (assuming it made it that far. While a few women do talk about some reactions at conception, being tired, cramps, urination would not be those. That has some other base.

You can test about two weeks, after your next period is due. Which is hard to guess since you have stopped medication.

Best bet, wait at least 4 week after date of sex to test for pregnancy.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 07:03 AM
    The other thing to consider is that since you're trying to get pregnant you're going to be hyper aware of any and all changes in your body and hope that they're being caused by pregnancy. There are some times where what you would have ordinarily dismissed as PMS or some other illness you're going to try to label as a pregnancy symptom. Was it a dodgy burger that is nauseating you or pregnancy? The best sign is a missed period, which is going to take a while to show up after stopping birth control. Goodness knows that it is probable that you could be pregnant as soon as you stopped, it happened to my wife and I, but it could take a few months to a year to actually get pregnant. Just the way the dice rolls.
    0709 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2015, 03:48 AM
    Thank you so very much for your time and reply :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We had sex last 23rd October. But its unprotected [ 1 Answers ]

We had sex last 23rd October. But its unprotected and we have not sure.. so my wife took Pill 72 tablet on 24th 10.15pm and took next one on 25th 10.15am.. is it OK? And will not be pregnant? We already have baby girl age 5 months. That's why we need to prevent from this pregnancy...

I had unprotected sex on December 23rd 2011 more then once. I was due for my period [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex on December 23rd 2011 more then once. I was due for my period on the 30th of Dec. My last menstruation was on Dec 2nd and I am usually a 28 day cycle. I still have not gotten my period. I took a pregnancy test on Jan 2nd and it showed negative for pregnancy. Is the test...

Could I be pregnant from having sex while I was ovulating on September 23rd? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I need to know what's going on. I had sex while I was ovulating on September 23rd, and also the day before and the day after. I have been getting so many pregnancy symptoms, its crazy. The sick feeling, little belly cramps, a metal taste in my mouth, rapid weight gain, and feeling so hungry all...

Unprotected sex 5th day of my periods can I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Feeling cramp in my lower abdominal, heartburn and headache etc...

View more questions Search