Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazz1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2015, 11:16 AM
    Birth control withdrawals or pregnancy
    Hi, I am wondering if I may be pregnant. I recently got off the depo shot . My first dosage was last year after thebirth of my first child. And I never went back to get my other dose. I got anther in February of this year and haven't wentbbac, was due April 9th. And I recently met a guy we had sex in may maybe near the end of may. And he ejaculated inside. (silly) BUT maybe no more than a week later I was experiencing symptoms of pregnancy. But I read online that it could withdrawal from the depo. Butmy question is can I really be experiencing that if I only had ONE dose. And I had this prior before.but I never felt this before. I didn't have periods but until maybe in April when I stopped the depo and even then it was spotting. And may came around nothing. Same as this month but its still to eary actually. But I am really concerned. I wouldn't mind being pregnant but I don't want to give the dad false information
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2015, 01:46 PM
    It could be either situation. Even with just one injection, your cycle can be off for awhile. You may have a period without having had ovulation, but generally ovulation will occur first, so you could become pregnant without seeing regular periods return.

At this point, see what happens when you would expect your period. You could try a test at that time if need be, or see your doctor for a test there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy/birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering I have only been on the depo shot for 2 months so I have only had one shot and me and my boyfriend had unprocected sex last night and he came inside me. Can you get pregnant being on this. I have heard you can

Birth control and pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

If I don't know if I'm pregnant or not but I'm still taking my birth control so in case I'm not pregnant I don't get pregnant how long can I take the birth control before.it starts affecting the baby if I am. I cannot go to take a pregnancy test for another two weeks

Pregnancy after birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped taking birth control after 6 months on it and had unprotected sex the next month while ovulating. Now I'm 2 days late for my period, but I've started having some very light, brown spotting. Is this a common start to a pregnancy? What are the chances that I'm pregnant since I just stopped...

Birth control and Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married now for over 3 years and my husband and I have had talks about starting a family. Last year, I got off the birth controls and for about 4 months had no period and then all of a sudden I had painful, heavy periods for over 2 months. So I got back on the pills. So we decided that...

View more questions Search