Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acadsocrectruit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2015, 02:28 AM
    Online English Tutor
    How do you hire more teachers in Philippines. Because we are looking to hire. But don
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2015, 02:33 AM
    Are you wanting to hire teachers to work online? Or teachers to be physcially in a school in Philippines. If you want to hire teachers to work at your school, is your school licensed and authorized to furnish working visa for the teachers.

Is your pay average or above average?

There are many online tutor companies that provide online English teaching.

One, you advertise with many of the universities for newly graduated students. You advertise on the dozens of expat web sites for your country.
    hanerykroze Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2016, 05:32 AM
    You can learn any thing from internet. English is not a languge that you need to learn from any teacher.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2016, 06:27 AM
    How silly, you can learn some from internet, they do have online teachers that use skype or other communications.

The issue with hiring teachers ? My friend is a English teacher in Philippines is that the pay is often about 10 percent of what a teacher makes in America, And often there is no or very bad housing supplied.

So what you normally get is young people fresh out of university with little or nor skills, often without any teaching knowledge.

But you have to advertise, Pay to have or use free posting on 100's of universities web pages.

Also there are many contract companies that provide teachers for schools.
    The schools of course have to be approved by the government, and authorized to hire a foreigner, (what most English schools want)

For those that are not legal (to provide visa) they have people form the school, roam around places foreigners travel, Starbucks, Walmart, English corners and so on, and offer anyone a job, even those without degrees that can just speak English. *** This is real, they do it every day. I get stopped all the time and offered jobs.
    Expert

Apr 6, 2016, 06:38 AM
    Sorry, old post, missed the date. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Online tution tutor [ 7 Answers ]

I want to be a online tutor, how can I get the proper information regarding this?? :o

Is it illegal to be an online tutor with F1 status? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an international student with F1 visa status and graduate assistantship. I want to be an online tutor and the payment will be around $100 per month through Paypal. Is it illegal for me to do it? And do I need to state it in tax form? Thanks in advance!

Online English-Spanish Dictionary [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any free on online English-Spanish dictionaries?

View more questions Search