Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tm335577 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2015, 08:22 AM
    My dog keeps secluding himself
    I have a 6 year old Yorkie Poodle mix and he keeps secluding himself while my family and I are in the next room. He will go into my room and crawl under the bed and just lay there. It started happening out of no where. He's eating fine, pooping fine, and drinking a lot of water. We haven't made any changes in the home and we play with him all the time. He used to be so energetic and always wanted to be with us but now he doesn't and it's worrying my family and I.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2015, 08:28 AM
    You haven't asked a question, so I will assume that you want to know what is going on with your pet. I would like to be able to tell you but it is rather impossible on line to do so even when an OP has physical attributes to tell us.

I would suggest you take him to the vet for a blood work up and general exam and go from there.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2015, 12:51 AM
    Dogs that have an increase in water intake could very possibly be diabetic or suffer from kidney failure.

Bloodwork is needed to rule out these illnesses or pinpoint what it may be.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 10:09 AM
    I found this interesting article to consider.

Pampering Your Older Dog | FamilyCorner.comŽ

And

https://designerdoginfo.wordpress.com/tag/older-dog/
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 8, 2015, 12:04 PM
    Remote possibility that someone hurt him, family, guest, child, anyone, and he's afraid. Are there kids who might have been rough by accident?
    Other than the water question (too much water, or just right?) there's pain. Dogs don't cry in pain unless it's truly excruciating and someone is touching them.
    Yes, I'd take him to a vet! Even just feeling him all over the right way to look for spots that might be hurting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yesteraday night my house tenant dog bites me for that dog they are giving medicines [ 2 Answers ]

Yesteraday night my house tenant dog bites me for that dog they are giving medicines & injections regularly now what I need to do please tell me the what are the precautions I need to take and please do the needful in this situation

One sick dog and one healthy dog, Healthy dog quit eating [ 4 Answers ]

I have two dogs, a male bassett and a femal black lab mix. Ever since the basset got sick last week and went blind in one eye my healthy dog has quit eating. She wants outside all the time and sits at the door when not outside. The healthy dog will only eat treats and not her regular food that...

My dog ate a meat bone my dad gave him. My dog is now shaking and is lethargic [ 10 Answers ]

My dad heard on a radio show it is good to give dogs bones. So he gave my dog a meat bone and now my dog is shaking and acting lethargic. What should I do I am worried and concerned??

View more questions Search