Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariea4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2015, 07:21 AM
    Remove static electricity in the office
    We get a lot of static electricity in our office and an electrician visited and said we should put rubber mats underneath our computer towers (as they rest on the floor). I have been looking round but apparently we don't need a grounding mat as it isn't relevant but I wondered if you could advise where I could buy the right rubber mats from?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2015, 07:27 AM
    Is your office carpeted or tiled floor? Google rubber mats for computers and add your zip code.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 5, 2015, 09:37 AM
    Most PC Frames are designed to disparate static electricity through the frame grounding system. If not, motherboards and components would be replaced would be replaced on a horrific pace.

Just about any rubber mat would insulate the PC from the floor, but do noting for a static charge carried on a person (eg. Touch a door knob and get a shock)
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2015, 05:35 AM
    Not to get off your original question, but adding humidity to the office would be a good start... not to mention the other benefits with properly conditioned air... for both the office inhabitants and the equipment longevity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Static electricity zaps computer... from almost ANYWHERE! [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment with my fiancé. We use the master bedroom for our bedroom, of course, and the second bedroom for the computer room. We both have complete computer systems in that room, plugged into different outlets on different walls. The whole side of the apartment that the...

Static Electricity Zap in the Shower [ 4 Answers ]

What can you do if someone is getting Static Electricity Zap while in the Shower when she touches the knob? How can you eliminate the static Zap?

We have a lot of static electricity. [ 1 Answers ]

Someone worked on my parents house awhile ago and they mentioned that my parents could have a lot of built up electricity running through the house. It was a satellite TV installer, so I am not sure if that is possible. The lines hold as much electricity as they can then we turn stuff on. ...

Static electricity of a trampoline [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what methods I could do to prove there is static electricity in a trampoline without having to buy anything?

Static electricity build up on the body [ 3 Answers ]

How can the build up of static electricity be avoided? Is the only way to dissipate it to ground oneself out and suffer that electrical shock from the discharge?

View more questions Search