Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mjkm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2015, 11:36 AM
    Harley motorcycle
    I put motor oil in my transfer case.. I did not start it an it's a 96 sportster
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 4, 2015, 12:25 PM
    I'd drain it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOoJTv9O_08
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2015, 04:28 PM
    First motorcycle I've heard of with a transfer case.

Do you mean the primary Case? I would drain THAT and put the proper amount, and type of lubricant in it if that's where you put it. These are dry sump engines so you only have the Oil tank where you could put it. They do not take the same oil the rest of the engine takes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble shoot Harley motorcycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2000 harley classic the battery maintainer was hooked up backwards and made the battery have reverse polarity and now the bike won't start. Has radio lights but no blinkers or brake lights or starter any ideas?

70's cartoon about a broken down motorcycle who changes into a super hero motorcycle [ 1 Answers ]

I can't think of the name of the show. It had two motorcyles one ridden by a girl the other a guy. The girl had a good bike the boys motorcycle was broken down with patches on the wheels but whenever someone was in danger he could change into a perfect bike and save the day. What was the name of...

Troubleshooting on harley davidson motorcycle [ 4 Answers ]

Does a 1975 Harley Davidson motorcyle need to have lead added to unleaded gasoline to run correctly?

View more questions Search