Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucille Lawyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Bank Attachments
    How long may a bank account be attached when sufficient funds to cover the debt were in the account from the date of attachment?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Hello Lucille:

Sounds like nobody is doing anything, and you're waiting for some sort of time limit to expire so that somebody will do something.

I don't think there is a time limit. I think if the creditor got their money, their not interested in doing anything more. Your bank isn't going to do anything on its own. I think you need to start the process by asking your bank.

If that doesn't work, you need to file a "satisfaction of judgment" in your case and present that to the bank. Actually, the creditor needs to file it, and you need to prod them into doing so.

excon
    TxSky Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Check with your state office that handles consumer debt.
    Laws vary from state to state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write of attachments [ 4 Answers ]

I recently had a write of attachment placed on my banking account from a collection agency. What I wanted to know was if I was to open a new account could the collection agency take all the money from that account as well ?

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

How do you include an attachment to your question? :mad:

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have updated the windows 98 very recently. After that, I am unable to receive jpg attachments with e-mail at Outlook Express. There is message tells "OE found some unsafe content and it is removed from the original message". But, no problem for .doc attachments. Please help

View more questions Search