Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilovechicken1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2015, 10:10 PM
    Std herpes dating sex boyfriend
    How do you tell someone that you're in a sexual relationship with that u have an std, which is manageable? Will he stay with me? How to I deal with Herpes and Dating? Should I tell anyone at all or pretend I don't know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2015, 10:29 PM
    Will he stay with you? That is a question we can't answer. Some men will yet others won't.

Should you you tell him? Yes, if you are sexually active with him you are obligated to tell him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2015, 04:04 AM
    You should tell him before, you are sexually active. If he will stay? That is up to the man and how your relationship is.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 04:35 AM
    I agree, he should know BEFORE you get anywhere near being sexually active together... in many places you could and should be held civilly liable if you failed to disclose it because there is no cure.

If they stick around or not is up to the individual.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 3, 2015, 07:01 AM
    When you get to the date where you both think you might want to hop into bed on the next date, you tell him.
    Sure, it isn't easy to find that moment. Either jumping the gun or waiting til he thinks you are springing it on him too late.

As for 'management' of herpes when you are sexually active, what do you plan to say?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 3, 2015, 07:09 AM
    How about the following...

"Bob, I have to let you know that I have herpes. This STD is managed with medication and is typically not spread unless I have an outbreak. However, for your sexual health it is best that you wear a condom every time we have sex, whether I am having an outbreak or not."

After that it is his decision whether to stay with you. Some men will, others won't.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 3, 2015, 07:30 AM
    Before starting with any new partner there has to be a series of conversations that include the following topics:
    1). STD state. Hiv, Aids, Herpes, HPV,
    2). Birthcontrol.
    3). If pregnancy occurs what happens?
    4). Limits & kinks. Oral, anal, vaginal, BDSM,
    5). Exclusivity. Mono, Poly, swingers...

This will open up conversations that will strengthen the relationship. If you can't talk about it, you shouldn't be doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes hsv2 transmitted through oral sex [ 1 Answers ]

Can a female infected with herpes hsv2 transmit to a non infected male through her giving him oral sex?

Genital herpes passed through oral sex [ 1 Answers ]

Can a male with genital herpes type 2 pass it to a female by preforming oral sex on her?

Can you get std's with out having sex [ 3 Answers ]

I'm only 12 and my skin around my Virginia is peeling. I nevver had sex of sexual contact with anyone. When the skin peels, it doesn't burn, itch or bleed. It started about 2 months ago. I'm on my period and I use pads and I've been going to the pool often. I don't want to bring it up with...

View more questions Search