(B) Passwords to prohibit
    Unauthorised access to files.
    (C) Data dictionary to keep the data
    (D) Data dictionary to find last
    Access of data
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 31, 2015, 08:56 AM
    What do YOU think the answer is? We don't do your homework for you.
    Zolfresh Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2015, 06:45 AM
    This is not for my homework. This question was asked in a National level selection test with these four options and the correct answer key was later published to be option (B) without any explanation given. But I had doubt. I wanted to know why (B) is correct (if it is, really) and why the other three are wrong. That is why posted this question. I wanted an open debate on this issue. I wanted to know what other people and experts like you have to say in this regard. But see what I'm getting from you. I joined this site for a purpose. I'm going to sit for the exam. I expected to learn more from here, expected to have discussions with experts that would have enriched me. But nobody is interested. This is the very first question I posted, and I must say that I received a very warm welcome from you people!! Thank you for such a kind behavior and for wasting your precious time in writing a one-liner reply. Hope you would forgive my audacity of posting such 'crap' here. I didn't know that asking something is such a crime.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolfresh View Post
    This is not for my homework. This question was asked in a National level selection test with these four options and the correct answer key was later published to be option (B) without any explanation given. But I had doubt. I wanted to know why (B) is correct (if it is, really) and why the other three are wrong. That is why posted this question. I wanted an open debate on this issue. I wanted to know what other people and experts like you have to say in this regard. But see what I'm getting from you. I joined this site for a purpose. I'm going to sit for the exam. I expected to learn more from here, expected to have discussions with experts that would have enriched me. But nobody is interested. This is the very first question I posted, and I must say that I received a very warm welcome from you people!! Thank you for such a kind behavior and for wasting your precious time in writing a one-liner reply. Hope you would forgive my audacity of posting such 'crap' here. I didn't know that asking something is such a crime.
    Before getting upset with us, read what you wrote and think about this: Just posting a question tells us you are looking for the answer instead of getting help understanding the question and its correct answer. Where is your marking what is supposed to be the correct answer? Where is the request for help in understanding the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolfresh View Post
    Data Integrity control uses _______
    (A) Upper and lower limits on
    Numeric data.
    (B) Passwords to prohibit
    Unauthorised access to files.
    (C) Data dictionary to keep the data
    (D) Data dictionary to find last
    Access of data
    Why do you doubt that B is the correct answer? Understanding your thought process will help us guide you in understanding the answer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2015, 08:30 AM
    First, if you read the rules of this site before jumping in you might have noticed the rules about homework question. As Needkarma said, how am I to know, based on the little that you posted, that this was not a homework question. No, "asking something" is not a crime, but the nature of a question does matter. If you have any anger to be directed it should be at yourself for a) not familiarizing yourself with the site rules and b) not spending more time explaining your question. You criticize me for the brevity of my response when it was the brevity of your question that is the real issue. And, sitting for an exam, still means that this is schoolwork or learning and the same rules apply. If you wanted a discussion about this, then you should have worded your question more appropriately.

I don't need to forgive you for asking, but I do think you owe us an apology for the tone of your response.

While I don't agree with B as the correct answer, it is one of 2 possibilities. You can eliminate C & D as a Data Dictionary has little to do with maintaining data integrity. While A does refer to maintaining data integrity, it is only one possibility of a data integrity control. So, by process of elimination we arrive at B, which is a poor answer because it assumes that the user will know how to maintain data integrity. It assumes the user will only be granted access if they know how and are trusted to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Former graduate of Control Data Institute of NYC trying to locate records [ 1 Answers ]

I attended the Control Data Institute vocational school in New York City around 1987 to 1988 and received certification in Computer Engineering. This school has since closed down. I'm trying to locate where I can obtain a record of my ever attending that school. I've already contacted someone...

Lost Certificate/Diploma from Control Data Institute of Technology [ 1 Answers ]

I attended Control Data Institute's Inglewood campus (actually located in City of Los Angeles) from 1983 to 1985 and have lost my certificate of completion. Where can I get a copy? The school closed down a number of years ago. Thank you!

Lost Certificate word processing secretary1972 from Control Data Institute [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please help me find or get a copy of my certificate in word processing secretary training program in 1972 from Control Data Institute in St. Louis, Missouri? Thank you so much. Ruth >personal contact info removed per site rules<

Lost Certificate/Diploma from Control Data Institute Chicago [ 1 Answers ]

Lost my Certificate from Control Data Institute Chicago. Attended in 1985/86, Records from Springfield only show my transcripts but do not have a copy of my certificate of completion for Computer Programming. Looking for another student or Teacher that attended during that time. Could you point me...

Lost Certificate/Diploma from Control Data Institute of Technology [ 1 Answers ]

I misplaced a certificate/diploma I received from Control Data Institute of Technology (in NYC, NY) for an electronics engineering program I attended from 1976 through 1977. The school closed down several years ago and I've been unable to find a way to acquire my transcripts or a replacement...

View more questions Search