Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bodgerbloke52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2015, 06:01 PM
    Occasional staling LX172 mower
    The Kawasaki engine runs fine for several days but then will stall at low throttle openings or idle as the engine gets more or less neat fuel as if the choke had come on or the float has stuck causing it to flood. I have checked for both but found all in order, choke is off and no fuel flooding out of the carb. I have stripped and cleaned the carburettor but found nothing. I am suspecting the electrically operated valve at the bottom of the carb.Any ideas?? What controls the action of this valve?? Thanks
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 9, 2015, 11:48 AM
    Hi,
    I think I would first suspect a clogged fuel filter.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2015, 02:21 AM
    Hi bodger, Like crigby I would check fuel, but to answer your question check out this video. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6UayxyVwU

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere lx172 14 ph kaw. [ 1 Answers ]

I have no spark . I have the seat switch bypassed .

Mower deck on John deer LX172 would not engage, then did and after being turned off w [ 1 Answers ]

Mower deck on my John Deere LX172 would not engage. After cleaning and blowing dust out, it started and I ran it for 8 minutes and then turned off and it would not turn back on. Is it the PTO switch?

Starving for gas Lx172 Riding lawn mower [ 0 Answers ]

Mower only runs while I trickle gas in carb I removed Fuel line at carb and put in bottle while cranking Engine and fuel pump seems to be working fine help

PTO Clutch Johndeere LX172 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Johndeere LX172 and the belt on the PTO Clutch and it keeps on ripping the belt. The clutch runs verry hot when is working. We have change the berring and completed the allingment. Do I need a newone?

John deere LX172 lawn tractor [ 0 Answers ]

My mower starts fine but when I try to engage the blade or put it in gear it kills the motor.I have no wiring schematic so I cqant trouble shoot. Has anyone ever run into this problem? Please help

View more questions Search