Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunterunknower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2015, 11:32 AM
    How to hook up a hunter 44132 thermostate
    I am confused can any one help me hook up a 44132 thermostate 8 wires coming out of the wall, 5 coming out of the thermostate, a hunter digital, please, please, please help me... I am dying. Lisa
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 30, 2015, 11:45 AM
    You may not have the right thermostat for your application. I have never seen more than 5 wires coming out of the wall so tell us about your HVAC system. Do you have a heat pump. A/C, forced hot air or boiler?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 07:26 AM
    Are only 5 of the 8 wires used? It may need the transformer common to operate, should be able to use one of the unused wires?
    Red is commonly power(24 volts)
    White is Heat,
    Green is Blower,
    Blue or yellow for Compressor,
    Then you may need a wire from Transformers common.
    Will dig up info later on that model. Not familiar what it needs, If Digital and needs no battery, it will need a common. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install a hunter thermostat model 44132? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to replace a robertson with a hunter I have a red .pink .white,dorange,blue and yellow not having any luck any suggestions

Replacing a tran thermostate with a hunter 44132 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tran thermostate and I want tor eplace it with a hunter 44132

How can I hook up a hunter thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I went to a house and they had a thermostat disconnected with no labels on the wires and they want a hunter set and save 44155 thermostat hooked up it has six slots for wires but the other had 7 wires hooked up the colors that were hooked up were blue, black, green, yellow, red, white, orange can...

Replacing Thermostate by Hunter 44260 (on Heat Pump) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. I currently have a Thermostate White-Rodgers that I would like to replace by the Programmable Hunter 44260. Current wiring: C = Blue W2 & E JUMPED = White R = Red G = Green O / B = Orange Y = Yellow

View more questions Search