Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaweahgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2015, 11:35 PM
    7 years since I've seen daughter's and want to be a mother again.
    Have not seen or talked to my daughters since they were ,4 1/2 and 5 1/2 yrs old They are now 11 1/2 and 12 1/2. I'm 5 yrs sober with no desire for anything but to be a mother again. What should I say In a letter
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2015, 11:56 PM
    The truth, hard and honest. Admit your problems, confess your error.

But. Whre are they, who has them. Do you have any legal rights to contact ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2015, 09:09 AM
    Where are your kids, and who are they with? That's who you reach out to first. They may not want you back in the kid's life, and no telling what your kids have been told about you, or suffered because of you.

Find out! I wish you luck.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 06:08 AM
    I'm not sure that after such a long time with no contact, that you shouldn't contact who has custody of them first.

There may be more reasons you should speak first with the person/persons who have custody of them. I don't know the history here, you haven't said what else was involved at the time you lost your children.

Custody of your children, is with someone other than yourself, and they are in charge of their welfare. It is important to remember that while you have been sober five years, they were not a part of that process of seeing you become healthy again. Their history with you was when you had problems enough to lose custody.

I urge you to contact those who are in charge of your children now, because it will be them you will need permission from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get over my daughter's mother? [ 4 Answers ]

We have known each other for eight years, dated for almost four years. In 2010, we found out she was pregnant and everything at the time was fine though neither of us worked. We never fought throughout the pregnancy nor before the pregnancy but once the baby was born we fought almost once a week....

Can the mother of my daughter take my daughter out of state? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a daughter that lives in Indiana. I live in Michigan. Can her mother move to Florida? I want to see my daughter, but now it will be hard and expensive. What are my rights? Do I have to pay child support, when I can't see my daughter?

Daughter and mother [ 5 Answers ]

I really need to know where I can turn for help. My daughter has a bad drug problem, no insurance, no money, no job, no thing... She even say that she does not have a problem.. If I do not get her help soon I feel she is going to harm herself and god only knows who else... she has had a wreck...

I want to see my daughter with out the mother. [ 2 Answers ]

Ive recently split up from my wife due to an affair that she had however at the time I found out she was carrying my child. We have now been separated for the last 9 months and she has gave birth to my daughter which I'm so longing to see and be part of her life. As I'm in the army and posted in a...

Mother-daughter [ 11 Answers ]

For the last 8 years I have cared for a mom with Alzheimer's disease, and a 38 year-old daughter with breast cancer. Both have died. My oldest daughter was not there to help with the care of mom and her sister; claims no one in the family was there for her; blames me (mom) and never her dad, for...

View more questions Search