Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derwon25 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2015, 12:10 PM
    Relationships
    I have a friend whose my age that is 26, ones I had a casual chat with her brother who is 17, and while talking generally he asked that do I drink and I said yes occasionally which was an honest answer and it didn't cross my mind at that moment that he is a teen and I should be careful in deciding what to tell him and what not. Today ge returned back... and ge had consumed alcohol... my friend got worried scolded him and in reply he replied that your friend drinks too... yet she did try to handle the situation by telling that she would tell uncle about it but still no effect... he is nit afraid... although he dud say he won't do it again but she is bot sure as going by his expressions. Please help how to handle the situation.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2015, 12:16 PM
    What is the legal age for drinking? That's what matters, not if a sibling's (legal, of age) friend drinks.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2015, 12:24 PM
    Its really not your situation to handle. A 17 year old is capable of choosing his own path. All teenagers learn when they choose something, there could be positive or negative consequences. It's a part of growing up. It's there family so let them handle it. Wait to worry about something when something big comes along.
    derwon25 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2015, 12:29 PM
    What would be your suggestion if I were his sister..?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM
    First off you're not his sister and this has nothing to do with you. He's 17, capable of making decisions, and yes some of those decisions will be bad decisions. Some of those bad decisions will come with consequences and hopefully he will learn from those consequences. The sister threatening to tell the Uncle and not following through is useless. If the 17 year old is old enough to choose to drink, then he's old enough to deal with the Uncle knowing. Whatever consequences come from that, so be it. Family secrets are usually never the best way to handle issues.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 27, 2015, 02:04 PM
    I'd tell either tell the uncle like she said she was going to or leave it alone. I'd also tell her it's not my decision or advice to give. That is between she and her family. You tell her the wrong thing then she's mad at you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 27, 2015, 02:25 PM
    It's none of your business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships. [ 5 Answers ]

I dated a guy for almost a year. We were very much into each other. But from one day to the next he decided he was bored with me. That was 7 months ago. He recently apologized. I didn't ask for what reason. The other day he approached me to compliment me on a project I presented. That was the first...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

So this guy and I have been dating for over a year and a half. We were great for about the first year now we seem to fight over almost anything. If he does something little and I mention it he gets angry with me because he's grumpy a lot then I get mad and it turns into a huge fight. I can't take...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

My best friend 'molly' is going out with a year 11 and her and I are only in year 8. I have spoke to his ex girlfriend who's in year 9, so has molly. She says he uses everyone and used her for sex but he says different and that she's just obsessed with him! To be honest I believe her and we both...

New relationships [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if my girlfriend is still in love with her exhusband?

View more questions Search