Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM
    Can I call the cops if someone is threatening to hurt me?
    Some of you might think this is stupid but whatever. Okay so my friend has a boyfriend and a girl posted a picture of him saying I was her crush cause she doesn't like my friend but likes her boyfriend. So I commented saying that the picture was rude because it was just up to hurt my friend. Then on the comments she started threatening me and saying she was going to me up and hit me and all that. Then she messaged my friend and said she was going to come after me. This girl is known to physically fight so I have no doubt she will come after me. Is this something I should bring up to the police? I screenshotted everything and I am actually frightened but don't know what to do..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM
    'my friend has a boyfriend and a girl posted a picture of him saying I was her crush cause she doesn't like my friend but likes her boyfriend' is indecipherable.
    It doesn't matter.
    Tell her on the comments that you did a screenshot and will report her if you so much as stub your toe.
    There's zero chance that the police will do anything. Very rarely are threats carried out, and threats are basically free speech - not a crime.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 27, 2015, 11:40 AM
    I think you leave her alone like you should have done when she posted her crap. Challenging a known bully/crap talker is a bad idea and has consequences. Actually the time to be afraid would be before you challenged this girl, as it's a bit late to be afraid after. I doubt the police get involved in the social media conflict, unless something unlawful happens. Learn to walk away from high school drama.

How old are you both? If this is serious enough to consider calling a cop, TELL your parents FIRST.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2015, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How old are you both?
    I read back and learned the OP is 16 or maybe 17 now.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2015, 12:04 PM
    If this is someone you go to school with, then report it to a teacher. This falls into the area of cyber-bullying and schools are taking a dim view of it. Unfortunately the police are swamped and it is unlikely they will be able to do anything unless she actually attacks you. It's a sad fact that the police are more about catching criminals than preventing crime.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 27, 2015, 01:24 PM
    Sad? I don't WANT crime prevention to be a cop job. That's a job for everybody but cops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie where a teens get hurt at a party cause they won't call the police [ 1 Answers ]

OK so there is this movie where a bunch of kids are at this party like some frat party, and one guys has to prove himself by having sex with a fat chick and pretending he was riding a bull then he gets shoved in the trunk for "bad behavior:" and someone dies or something and the whole night is all...

Girlfriends mother threatening to call the cops for seeing her daugther [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 16. I know its illegal to have sex with her because it would be considered statutory rape but does she have the right to call the cops on me for just seeing her or being near her? I don't encourage her to do anything bad. I'm not a bad influence at all. Her mom is just...

Can cops arrest my husband for threatening me in NYS? [ 4 Answers ]

Im still with my husband of five years and he started as prince perfectly charming then he has slowly changed over the years. It started by wanting to SAVE money. Which I have no issue with as long as NEEDS are being MET. Which that is where things began to get harder. I started getting lectured as...

My car was , didn't call the cops, not getting paid! [ 6 Answers ]

I was just wondering what the statute of limitations is on a car accident, that the police were never called, but at a police report was filled out. No insurance was used as she said she would pay for the damage, which was in the range of 800 dollars. She has not answered any calls or returned my...

Should I call the cops on my dad? [ 50 Answers ]

SHOULD I CALL THE POLICE ON MY DAD? He sold drugs in front of me, threatened his girkfriends, and a lot more things.. Will they do anyhting about it even though he sold drugs like two years ago? He still does it but I seen him do it two yrs ago.. I want them to do something about it but I...

View more questions Search