Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justknow123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2015, 03:20 PM
    EtG test
    Can I pass an EtG test after 160 hours of heavy drinking?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 26, 2015, 03:38 PM
    Chances are you will. The test is usually accurate 60-80 hours after consumption, at twice that you should be fine.

May 26, 2015, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Chances are you will. The test is usually accurate 60-80 hours after consumption, at twice that you should be fine.
    I have been drinking water like crazy . I'm also 41 and 220 pounds. Any other things I should do or do u think I'm clear for sure?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2015, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justknow123 View Post
    I have been drinking water like crazy . I'm also 41 and 220 pounds. Any other things I should do or do u think I'm clear for sure?
    Drinking a lot of water is not a good idea. You may fail for dilution.

May 26, 2015, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Drinking a lot of water is not a good idea. You may fail for dilution.
    What r my chances of passing
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2015, 04:48 PM
    Craven is probably right. Enough time would have gone by. BUT let's not do this again, okay?

May 26, 2015, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Craven is probably right. Enough time would have gone by. BUT let's not do this again, okay?
    If I pass this I will not.. :-)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2015, 04:54 PM
    If I pass this I will not.. :-)
    Thanks! We'll be the angel on your shoulder, tugging on your ear.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 27, 2015, 07:01 AM
    The problem with chugging water is that it REALLY hydrates you and your body starts to have too much water in it so it eliminates it the only way it knows, through urination. This leads to a LOT of water in your urine and it will become lighter and almost clear at times. The problem is that the EtG/EtS tests look for compounds other then the EtG/EtS. There are other compounds that should be at a known level in your urine. If they're not then the test will be inconclusive and counted as a failure by dilution. They view overly dilute urine as a sign of a guilty conscience and an attempt to dilute the presence of EtG/EtS in the urine. Essentially they'll know you're trying to cover up the alcohol that you drank.

If you over drank water and diluted your sample then there is a good chance you'll fail because of dilution. If not then you'll probably pass. I am not going to say 100% either way because there are factors that neither you nor I can know that could affect things.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Will I pass an EtG test if I had 6 beers Friday night and took a drug test Monday [ 0 Answers ]

Will I pass an ETG test that was sent to a lab , if I drank 6 beers Friday night till about 12am then took the EtG test Monday at about 10pm...

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search