Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thom89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2015, 01:39 PM
    Can a 7th Grader date a 8th Grader?
    There is this Girl in the 8th Grade who I really like and I'm in the 7th Grade. I really want to ask her out but I don't know if the Grade Difference matters. She is Short and Plump and has long brown hair. I'm skinny and I'm slightly taller than her. Should I ask her out or does the Grade Difference matter?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2015, 02:08 PM
    You should do what your heart tells you to do. But always remember when you put that question out there she can answer it with any answer she wants to. Sometimes it will be the answer we want to hear and sometimes it won't.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 20, 2015, 02:17 PM
    First.. you are in the 7th grade... you aren't "dating".

Second... she would probably be laughed at and humiliated for "cradle robbing" by other 8th graders... ASSUMING both your parents would even approve of it... and she did.

I remember those years of school vividly... get ready to be disappointed. Your odds are very slim. Her status and reputation goes up with a 9th grader, but down significantly with a 7th grader.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2015, 02:39 PM
    The only way to find out what matters to her or not is to talk to her. She will like the idea, or she won't.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 20, 2015, 04:22 PM
    A 7th grader can date an 8th grader if both she /he are OK with it. What is dating to you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 21, 2015, 05:26 AM
    First, you BOTH need parental approval before you start dating! At your ages, I would say you are too young to date period, you are about 12 and she is about 13. That's too young.

As Homegirl asked what does dating mean to you. You can't go anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a 7th grader but I want to date a 6th grader [ 11 Answers ]

Ok so she's in the 6th and I'm in the 7th and I want t go out with her but I don't really know much about her all I know is that she tends to be around her friends she's kind of short compared to me and she's a little fat like maybe 130 or 140 pounds and I'm also 5'2 and I'm a skinny guy so that's...

I want to ask out this 6th grader but I'm in 7th grade? [ 4 Answers ]

Do you think it would be awkward? He's white, I only go for white guys, even though I'm Mexican. I don't know I just feel attracted to them? What would my friends think of me? Should I ask him out? I know he wants something from me. I just don't want like my grade to freak the freak out. At least...

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader [ 1 Answers ]

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader. I know, a year difference. He always seems to stare at me all the time whenever we're stretching , running or even jogging. Like he stare at me 24/7. One time, we have picture day, and I was not wearing my...

Would a junior date an 8th grader? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade and I'm 14. There is this guy that I really like but he is 16. He's a junior in high school. I was wondering if this was wrong or would a junior even go out with an 8th grader. Oh and this would be my first boyfriend.

View more questions Search