Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cre8tivthinkr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2015, 05:47 PM
    Maytage Neptune Dryer - sensor cycle does not work...
    Hi, My name is Carol. I am am considering purchasing a used Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer from the former tenant that lived here and so I have used it this week trying it all out. I need to give her an answer soon.

The Model number is MDE5500AYW and the serial number 62433979CT, I do not know how old the dryer is... she didn't say. I wanted to trouble shoot this before hand. Trying to get and idea how much it is going to cost me.

Everything seems to work very well except for the dryer's sensor cycle. When I select it and push the start button it always shuts off within 5-6 minutes. This is a consistent problem that performs every time faithfully!! When I push start the calculated time appears, say 39 minutes, then in 5 minutes time, it buzzes and then shuts of in the last 1 minute then buzzes again.

Do you think I need a different thermostat or??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 19, 2015, 06:41 PM
    Unless you are sure the dryer is 5 or less yrs old, let it go. Your repair costs will be 1/2 or more replacement value. I think your overheat safety is kicking in. Lint screen clean? Look at the vent outside, fully open and flows well?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2015, 06:48 PM
    Your Maytag was manufactured in Oct. 2003.

Maytag Date Codes

What error code do you get?

Maytag Neptune Error Codes | eHow

Or,

Maytag Neptune Dryer Troubleshooting Guide | eHow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytage Neptune model #MDG3000AWW gas dryer does not heat the air [ 4 Answers ]

My Maytag Neptune gas dryer model # MDG3000AWW runs fine but is not heating the air. With the front cover removed and the vent disconnected, when turned on the igniter turns bright orange for 30 seconds and turns off. This repeats every two or three minutes. It seams like the gas valve is not...

Maytage Electric Neptune Taking 3 hours to dry... [ 0 Answers ]

I have an electric Maytag Neptune Dryer. About a week ago it started taking about 3 hours to dry the clothing in 'senor dry' mode. When I put it on timed dry, it still takes a very long time to dry. I also smell an overheating smell behind the dryer. Help.

Maytag Neptune MDE5500AYW control panel lights work but dryer won't run [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Neptune MDE5500AYW electric dryer. Lights on control panel work fine. Can change settings and all lights change as usual. Nothing unusual with the dryer door. Bottom push in still there and at the side of the dryer door, the prong looks fine and where the prong goes in looks fine. ...

Maytage Gas Dryer Ignitor [ 1 Answers ]

Maytage Gas Dryer - Model MDG9606BWW - dryer wasn't heating, removed front panel and notice ignitor had a crack - removed and replaced with a new one. After 20 min dryer was not heating, removed panel and saw that the new ignoitor had burnt out. Before buying another ignitor would like to know if...

View more questions Search