Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vcantu2004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2015, 02:06 PM
    EtG 87 hrs after consumption pass or fail
    38 yr old 5'4' 125 pound female drank thurs eve until around 8 pm (between 6:30 and 8 pm consumed approx 3/4 bottle of black box Riesling and 1 beer) Had an EtG test this am which is a mon at 11:45. I am confused due to sites advertising four and 5 day detection times as opposed to 80 hours. I also drank prior wed eve and mon eve as well how does this factor in? I am fairly active do not work out though, didn't pound water or anything special just thought I would pass it after 80 hours until I read all these contradicting things. My test is for a outpatient treatment facility and is sent to a lab with what I would assume has the 100 level cut off thank you I have read oxford journals info that states by my understanding after stopping consuming even heavy users passed at 80 hours but other readings contradict that also cant find any new 2015 info everything is like 2010 and old thank you
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2015, 05:58 PM
    Well... anyone that claims a certain time is going to absolutely positively pass... is lying to you.

One person may pass and the next might fail in the same exact circumstances.

All you can do now is wait and see what happens. If you fail, be an adult and own up to the consequences... because it's a choice you consciously made to do knowing you can be tested at any time.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

May 20, 2015, 12:18 AM
    I'm not sure how much wine is in 3/4 of a box. A standard drink is equal to 14.0 grams (0.6 ounces) of pure alcohol. Generally, this amount of pure alcohol is found in
    • 5-ounces of wine (12% alcohol content).
    • 12-ounces of beer (5% alcohol content).

So, how many (standard) drinks, in all? No matter. Chronic drinkers, alcoholics can test positive longer than the 80 hour mark. If you are an avid drinker and your cutoff is 100 - I would be concerned.

More concerning is that you are in an Outpatient Program and drinking regularly and it sounds like more than average. Not to point out the obvious, but there may be a valid reason you are in the program and not supposed to drink? Also, if you are being scrutinized that closely, they may do confirmation (GC/MS) test regardless of the results of the screen, especially if they suspect you are not in compliance. In that case, I wish you the best of luck and highly suggest a 12 step program, like A.A. if they don't already offer one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2015, 05:01 AM
    You wouldn't be confused if you would follow and obey the terms of your agreement you signed when you got into this outpatient program. The confusion comes when you try to skirt around that agreement.

So what are the terms you agreed too?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pass EtG test after 48 hrs-10 light beers? Will I pass? [ 1 Answers ]

I had 3, 32oz, 3.2 light beers starting at 2pm Monday. Additional 4, 12oz, 5.0 light beers until around 6 pm on Monday. Female, avg metabolism, 140 lbs, 5'6". I have an EtG test on Wed by 6pm. Will I pass? Any recommendations to pass?

Used PAM cooking spray will I fail ETG in 36 hrs? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I had some cooked salmon and used PAM cooking spray, so it wouldn't stick to the aluminum on the cooking pan. I just looked it up and found that the propellant in it has alcohol. Will this cause me to fail an ETG test? The bottle didn't say anything about alcohol on it, so I figured...

View more questions Search