Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadi Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2015, 04:17 PM
    My period is always late
    So I've had my period for 3 years already and they still come at irregular times. The last time I had my period it was two months apart. Why are the time lapses so irregular. (no I don't have sex)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2015, 05:48 PM
    For many women, that is how they have them. You can get a complete exam to rule out any problem, and they can see about medication to regulate them. There are just countless reasons it could be this way.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 16, 2015, 05:50 PM
    Everyone is different. Hormonal changes as you age can have this type of effect. If you only have a 3 yr. history, you are what-16 yrs. Old?
    jadi Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2015, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Everyone is different. Hormonal changes as you age can have this type of effect. If you only have a 3 yr. history, you are what-16 yrs. Old?
    I'm 15.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2015, 06:02 AM
    It's not unusual to have irregular periods in the first few years of starting as there are a great deal of hormone changes going on. Some girls will be every 28 days from the start, but many will have some cycles shorter than this and some longer, often jumping around and not very predictable. If you start to skip a few months between at this stage, it would be wise to talk to your doctor about it.
    micwan32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2015, 08:54 PM
    See a doctor.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2015, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by micwan32 View Post
    See a doctor.
    Why, she's 15, still way too young to automatically assume there is anything wrong as its not unusual to be irregular at that age range.
    carol brown Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2015, 04:02 AM
    The irregularity of the period for short term is normal because of the stress, exam tension, hormonal disturbance, junk food, etc. but if it continue for years then meet your doctor once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 days late, sex before last period, never late. Please help [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so as of today I'm 5 days late on my period which is super not normal for me cause I have NEVER been late, the last time is had sex was 19 days before my last "period" but we used protection although it might have broke and the last time I had unprotected sex was 2 "periods" ago. Nothing in my...

Late Period, Pain in breasts, Cramping, Condom, Pulled out, Sex on period. [ 10 Answers ]

If someone could help that would be very helpful. Ok, so me and my girlfriend had sex. I am only 16 and she is 15. But when we did I wore a condom and pulled out. She was even on her period when we did it. The condom did not have any visible hole or anything. It has been over a month since and she...

I'm age 24 only my period is one and half month late but I'm NOT had sex why its late [ 1 Answers ]

I'm age 24 only. My period is one and half month late but I'm NOT had sex why its late.PLEASE HELP ME

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

View more questions Search