Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PupMomma15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2015, 12:24 AM
    Three week old puppy won't eat and vomits curdled milk
    I have nine three week old pups from my bluenose pit. This is her fist litter and so far it's not been the greatest. Right now I have two sick and one of the two that is really sick. The baby female that is really sick is to the point of not eating at all. She has slime for stool and the both vomit curdled milk. They have no energy either. Lethargic is the word. I'm so worried. The vet opens at 10am tomorrow and there is no ER vet place around here. Any ideas?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2015, 02:26 PM
    I hope by now that your puppies made it in to see a doctor. Its very difficult to give medical advise over the internet without actually seeing what the puppies are doing.

My first concern would be parvo. Parvo takes approximately two weeks to manifest into symptoms. They are plenty old enough to have contracted it. Is the mom up to date on vaccines? I sure hope so. She would be able to transmit antibodies through her milk to the pups to help rule out parvo.

Second.. the blue and merle and all those fancy colors we all love is a recessive gene. Meaning.. you can have a lot of issues with them including birth defects or their little bodies not being able to work normally.

The puppy could also have worms. Puppies need to be on a strict de-worming routine in order to let the grow up health. Worms take a lot of nutrients and their little bodies cannot compensate for it.

Producing dogs isn't as easy as many make it seem. Entire litters can die with their not being much a vet or person can do to stop it. These puppies could just be failure to thrive pups. In which case, spay that female and possibly the male. Mother Nature tires very hard to keep a balance. Humans screw that up with our amazing medicines and surgical procedures ;)

Good luck to you. Hope everything works out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 week old puppy won't eat [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 8 week old puppy who will not eat.. He will drink water but no food.. When I first got him on Friday night he ate along with sat and sun but we nocited Monday he really didn't eat and then Tuesday he didn't eat at all.. So we went to the store and brought him a puppy bottle along with the...

Puppy won't eat anything for a week? [ 3 Answers ]

Uhmm... We have a 4 month old puppy... She's been healthy at start but then we had 2 new puppies, one of them died... After a few days, the little puppy ( not the 4 month old ) got sick... She's like coughing and has a cold too. She's not as active as before and only eats little. After a few...

My 5 week old puppy won't eat [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old puppy I know its to early to have but the people that had her didn't want her cause they were moving so now I have her. She is eating puppy food with puppy milk in it she ate real good yesterday day but she want eat today its starting to scare me I try giving her the bottle but...

My week old puppy won't eat [ 13 Answers ]

My week old puppy can't eat from its mommy, we have tried feeding it and it can't, we have a nursing mommy cat.. that is nursing only one kitten (she had 4, 1 died, and 2 got killed by one of our dogs) if the mommy cat will allow it would it be OK to try and let the pup nurse off the cat?

5 Week Old Puppy won't eat! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello- I was at a flea market last Sat. and an individual there had a box full of puppies, Apparently different breeds and different ages- he professed the age of the puppy I acquired was 5 weeks old, along with his siblings which were about twice the size of this apparent runt. The person was...

View more questions Search