Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Mar 1, 2005, 05:52 PM
    Who's Right And Who's Wrong?
    How do you make sense of the different denominations with everybody saying their way is right?

HANK :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2005, 05:56 PM
    Agnosticism seems to be the key.
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Because everyone is right
    Everyone is always right about what is right for them!
    That is the ONLY way it can be.
    We create our own reality and reality is subjective, never objective.
    What is right for me is right.
    Again, so wondrously simple.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2005, 01:25 PM
    Spirituality
    Hi,
    Each denomination has it's own way, teachings, and practices.
    It depends on which one you were raised or brought up in. if any.

The Bible has passages which will pertain to many different denomination, such as Baptist, Church of Christ, Methodist, it depends on how deep you want to look.
    I hope this helps, and I hope I understood your question.
    There is no right or wrong; if you believe!

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon by the Experts' name. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2005, 02:13 PM
    There is no wrong and right in this issue. The one that is right for you is the one that you agree with, no matter what way it is. Hope this helps

Mar 10, 2005, 05:09 PM
    Spirituality versus Religion
    Shouldn't the spirituality board be for discussing things without the necessity
    Of bringing religion into it? Spirituality does NOT equal religion, rather it rises above and beyond it.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Mar 11, 2005, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by keenu
    Shouldn't the spirituality board be for discussing things without the necessitybof bringing religion into it? Spirituality does NOT equal religion, rather it rises above and beyond it.
    I agree the two are distinctly different. You can be spiritual without being religious. And you can be religious without being spirtual. But for many their religion is the foundation of their spirituality. Or at least their concept of spirituality. Which makes discussing spirtuality without religion getting into the mix very difficult.

Mar 11, 2005, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Each denomination has it's own way, teachings, and practices.
    It depends on which one you were raised or brought up in., if any.

The Bible has passages which will pertain to many different denomination, such as Baptist, Church of Christ, Methodist, it depends on how deep you want to look.
    I hope this helps, and I hope I understood your question.
    There is no right or wrong; if you believe!

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon by the Experts' name. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    Yes, but Fred, this is the SPIRITUALITY category! That was actually my point.
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Mar 23, 2005, 04:21 PM
    Confused
    Are you confused about the meaning of life?
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2005, 07:05 AM
    Life:
    LIFE is that state of animals, humans, and plants or of an organized being, in which its natural functions and motions are performed, or in which its organs are capable of performing their functions. Also, LIFE is an interval between birth and death and the sum of the forces by which death is resisted.

Mar 24, 2005, 04:07 PM
    Life is...
    Well, the life you speak of that is between birth and death is called PHYSICAL REALITY.
    Life is NOT restricted to the physical.
    Life is *eternal.
    Existence in physical reality is BUT ONE expression of life/consciousness.
    *Psssssssst, come a little closer and I'll give you hint:
    there is no such thing as death.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 30, 2005, 08:49 PM
    Mighty day
    Well hank if you believe in jesus christ and become one of us and only then when you are born again into the world of truth and wisdom, giving you the knowledge to separate the true world from the false world what a mighty day for you when your eye's are open to see not man but he who has created you.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 14, 2005, 04:52 PM
    Which and how?
    Quote Originally Posted by HANK
    How do you make sense of the different denominations with everybody saying their way is right?

If you mean which Christian denomination, then the act of choosing one over another becomes impossible. Life is too short and denominations are too many. Find one you like and enjoy it. With over three thousand different 'ways,' it would occupy more time than you have on the planet to properly scrutinise each one in order to make an informed judgement.

MORGANITE
    Gadget0621 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2005, 03:04 AM
    Spirituality
    Quote Originally Posted by keenu
    Yes, but Fred, this is the SPIRITUALITY category! That was actually my point.
    I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that people with religion should not post answers in the spirituality category? For me my spirituality comes hand in hand with my religion. I think that for some reason you have this misconception of religious people. "A simple definition of spirituality is connecting with our higher selves and with God/the Universal Spirit." That is what I do everyday 24/7. It just so happens that going to church and listening to sermons has helped me to understand my spirit and its connection to my Father(as in God)! I don't think that anything is wrong with giving advice based on what you're taught within your religion. We must all learn to accept others and their opinions. Why can't a Christian or a Buddhist come together and talk about what spirituality means to them? "Spirituality comes from a place of love and light. Thoughts, words and actions that come from a spiritual place are naturally loving and beneficial." You need to read more into spirituality; it is in some way connected to religion whether you want to believe it or not.

Sep 19, 2005, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget0621
    I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that people with religion should not post answers in the spirituality category? For me my spirituality comes hand in hand with my religion. I think that for some reason you have this misconception of religious people. "A simple definition of spirituality is connecting with our higher selves and with God/the Universal Spirit." That is what I do everyday 24/7. It just so happens that going to church and listening to sermons has helped me to understand my spirit and its connection to my Father(as in God)!! I don't think that anything is wrong with giving advice based on what you're taught within your religion. We must all learn to accept others and their opinions. Why can't a Christian or a Buddhist come together and talk about what spirituality means to them? "Spirituality comes from a place of love and light. Thoughts, words and actions that come from a spiritual place are naturally loving and beneficial." You need to read more into spirituality; it is in some way connected to religion whether you want to believe it or not.

Religion without spirituality is dead.
    Spirituality without religion is dead.

So let it be written.
    So mote it be.

All else is fiction.

MORGANITE
    Gadget0621 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Sep 21, 2005, 04:13 AM
    I understand completely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Religion without spirituality is dead.
    Spirituality without religion is dead.

So let it be written.
    So mote it be.

All else is fiction.

MORGANITE
    I feel the same way.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 5, 2005, 09:19 PM
    TO EACH HIS / HER OWN!

No one is wrong, all are right - that is whatever they choose, if it fills their spiritual need, then who's to say they are wrong?

Nov 6, 2005, 10:59 AM
    To each their own
    Quote Originally Posted by Irulan
    TO EACH HIS / HER OWN!

No one is wrong, all are right - that is whatever they choose, if it fills their spiritual need, then who's to say they are wrong?

It is not always what we share in common that makes our lives richer, but our diversities, our differences. Discussing these differences and appropriately challenging or defending them should not be avoided because we fear to speak. The sign of maturity is when a person is able to reasonably consider the opinions of others without necessarily holding to them.

Quench not the spirit, despise not prophesyings, stifle not discussion.

MORGANITE

:)
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 6, 2005, 12:32 PM
    Human nature
    Unfortunately ...........

Human nature does not always encourage maturity, thus few humans are mature enough to wholly understand that our differences, specially in religion, is what makes us, each and every one, unique. It is that uniqueness in the human spirit that makes us who we are, a pity that not many will understand and accept this incontrovertible fact which engenders so many unjust actions and consequences.
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Nov 7, 2005, 12:24 AM
    everyone always thinks their way is right
    you said:

Quote Originally Posted by HANK

logically: why would anyone ever argue for a way or thought or anything that they did not think was right?

everyone always thinks their way is right. Why else would it continue to be 'their way', if they thought it was wrong? It would logically become someone else's way if they thought it was wrong, and therefore not 'their way' anymore but a wrong way, that they no longer agreed with.

whatever opinion people have at the moment is what they believe in or upon, they do not over time have to stay at that value, but hold fast momentarily.

religion is about people trying to make themselves acceptable to a being that they feel/believe has power over them. And is not about what they believe is real, that is called philosophy, but who they think is really powerful.

people argue all the time over nothing, so if they argue about things that are close to their pivotal value that only makes sense, and shows their great amount of time available to be spent not on survival, but on discussion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my dog? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female black lab. She is the most faithful eater I know but she has eaten since Tuesday... 6/21/05. All she wants to do is lay around and sleep. Granted it's been hot and I am sure the heat wears on her BUT she always eats. She TELLS me when it's breakfast and dinner time....

Is it wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering everyone's feedback on the question is it wrong for man to feel less of himself if his girlfriend has slept with more guys then he has women?Is it wrong for him to want to go out and match her or destroy her total?I haven't been a man to want to conquer the universe until I met my...

What am I doing wrong? [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a frustrated single mom with a 12 y/o boy. His father has always been there for us, even though we seperated when our child was four. I was fifteen when I had him and still have never married. His father recently is in the process of getting divorced from his wife and has moved to...

What's wrong now [ 1 Answers ]

I have a centurion wall clock it works but after a few hours the pendelum will stop moving and the time will stop what causes this to do this?

Is something wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and 2 years ago I got pregnant when the condom broke and had an abortion because I was not ready at the time and the relationship was so new. I have not been using any contraceptives for the past 6 months because we are now ready to have a child, and now I am not getting pregnant....

View more questions Search