Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maniac0683 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
    After using the bathroom.
    This may sound a little weird but...

After going pee, normally a guy can just shake a few times, and put it away. I don't know why but for the last month or so, every time I go to the bathroom, its like I can't get all of the pee to come out. Its hard to explain... but I'll try. Think of a straw full of water now plug one end and hold it perfectly sideways, its like the "straw" just won't drain. If I just put it away, it will all drain down my leg (GROSS!! ) I have to kind of squeeze from the back all the way forward a few times to get at least most of it out, but even that don't always work.

Is this normal? Like I said, its only been doing this for a month or so. What would cause this? Should I go to the doctor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 01:01 PM
    What is your age? Have you had a prostate exam recently?

Apr 10, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I'm 23... almost 24. I have never had a prostate exam. Honestly I don't even know what exactly it is...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Are you sexually active? If so, you may want to get checked for an STD.

The prostate is a sex gland in men. It is about the size of a walnut, and surrounds the neck of the bladder and urethra -- the tube that carries urine from the bladder. It is partly muscular and partly glandular, with ducts opening into the prostatic portion of the urethra. It is made up of three lobes: a center lobe with one lobe on each side.
    The prostate gland secretes a slightly alkaline fluid that forms part of the seminal fluid, a fluid that carries sperm.

When enlarged can cause a problem similar to what you are describing.

You should probably make a doctor's appointment to check for STDs and/or an enlarged prostate. Though you are fairly young for proatate enlargement, it should not be ruled out without an exam.

Apr 11, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Yes I am sexually active. Is it weird that it don't do it all the time? It hasn't done it at all since I made this post. (I have a small bladder so I go several times a day)
    plague_spores Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac0683
    This may sound a little weird but...

After going pee, normally a guy can just shake a few times, and put it away. I don't know why but for the last month or so, everytime I go to the bathroom, its like I can't get all of the pee to come out. Its hard to explain... but I'll try. Think of a straw full of water now plug one end and hold it perfectly sideways, its like the "straw" just won't drain. If I just put it away, it will all drain down my leg (GROSS!!!!) I have to kinda squeeze from the back all the way forward a few times to get at least most of it out, but even that don't always work.

Is this normal? Like I said, its only been doing this for a month or so. What would cause this? Should I go to the doctor?

Just wanted to comment that Doctors are finding this to sort of thing becoming more and more common with those around the ages of 15 and 25. They are not sure what it is whether it is from drinking too much soda or aggravating the prostate from sitting down for prolong amounts of time. You are not alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

Bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

OK... In my upstairs bathroom, I am having two problems.. one is that after a bath or shower the drain makes a continuous girgle sound.. it sounds like the water is running in the drain.. Also I have low pressure when I turn the water on.. Any suggestions on these two.. Val

New bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, we have a slight problem in that the room we stay in has a half-@$$ built half bath (shower-no vent, unproper drainage and a sink). We live in the country and need to know the steps that we need to take to install a shower, toilet and sink properly on a concrete slab. The septic is about...

Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have two bathrooms in my home, one has a shower and the other bathtub. The shower has been stopped up for a long time now... the water was going out slowly now it doesn't go out at all... recently the tub in the other bathroom has stopped up same thing... the water was going out slowly, and now...

View more questions Search