Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drew15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2015, 01:58 PM
    Threat of workplace violence- what constitutes?
    Quick question. Employee says the phase "I'm not sure, I might go Hulk" when asked how they would respond if terminated. Grounds for termination?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 4, 2015, 02:10 PM
    You mean grounds for using a metaphor ??
    Bit like asking someone what they think, or their opinion.
    Drew15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2015, 02:29 PM
    I mean would this constitute termination?

Essentially I'm asking would that be considered workplace violence.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2015, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew15 View Post
    I mean would this constitute termination?

Essentially I'm asking would that be considered workplace violence.
    He hasn't done anything to be terminated, just made a comment, maybe/probably in jest. Yes, a metaphor. Now, if he brings in a hammer and starts to smash monitor screens....
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 4, 2015, 02:56 PM
    No, it wouldn't.
    After all he could mean getting fat and turning green, YOU are read this as a potentially violent act.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Now, if he brings in a hammer and starts to smash monitor screens....
    That would be the Norse God of Thunder ;)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2015, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    No, it wouldn't.
    After all he could mean getting fat and turning green, YOU are read this as a potentially violent act.

That would be the Norse God of Thunder ;)
    I meant if he ACTUALLY started to act out and damage property, that's a big difference from using Hulk's name in vain. Yup, Thor's the guy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At last the threat has been recognised [ 6 Answers ]

Canada has taken a stand Time to protect America from zombies! - CNN.com Apparently Canada will no longer allow zombies so the only place to go is south, some might think this has been happening for a long time, but no, it is a new initiative.. . What is it with politicians that they so...

Miscarriage Threat? [ 0 Answers ]

Three days ago I there was a string blood clot like left in the toilet & when wiped it was light pink, a day later only had the link pink wipe but not blood clot like in the toilet. Could this be a sign of a miscarriage? I am about 8 weeks along (from last period) can I get a vaginal ultrasound...

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of judgement [ 3 Answers ]

Due to extenuating circumstances (accident, loss of work), I have become extremely overextended in credit card debt. I signed up with a debt conslodation company in 9/08 but they only took the debts that hadn't yet been turned over to attorneys. I just received a notice of hearing from an atty....

View more questions Search