Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rougermama2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2015, 06:05 PM
    2 rabies shots in a year
    I have a dog whose owner died and his mother could no longer take care of her, she told me that the dog has had her rabies shot last year and would send me the paper work so I can get her tags, but so far no paper work. I have to have her spay and get tags to do so I need to prove she has had the shots, so will it hurt her to have her given a second shot
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2015, 06:24 PM
    1. Merely ask them what vet the dog used, and get the records there.
    2. this is a question, you need to ask the vet, when you take him in.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 2, 2015, 08:53 PM
    You can ask the vet to run a titer test since you don't have proof of a prior rabies vaccine.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2015, 02:01 PM
    Getting the rabies vaccine twice in a year is just fine. The vaccine is safe (although, with all vaccines, there is a risk of reaction). The vaccine is actually given in a booster series when pets are exposed to rabies positive animals. Plus, it's not like the vaccine is being given back to back.

Speak with YOUR vet and see what the best plan of action is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twitching on the leg where the shot was given after 5 year old shots. [ 1 Answers ]

My 5 year old daughter received her 5 year old school entry exam shots today of the polio and DTaP Vaccine. Her leg started to twitch just recently with some pain. I am a bit concerned about this matter. Do you know if this is something serious?

What is the best age to get rabies shots? [ 32 Answers ]

I just talked to both vets' office in town. One told me that kittens need to be at least 12 weeks to get the rabies shots. The other told me they need to be 16 weeks. That's a huge difference. Is one more right than the other? Is there danger in getting a cat it's rabies shot at 12 weeks? I'd...

Rabies shots [ 3 Answers ]

Is it OK to get a dog that might be pregenet a rabies shot

Can a dog get rabies when he has his shots [ 3 Answers ]

My dog got into a tussle with a possom. We think he got bit but he has his rabies shots. Is it possible he can get rabies from this? Thank you for your time.

2 rabie shots in one year [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I just moved from TX to WI and took my Pug in to meet the vet and get any shots he might need. I had my previous vet fax all his paperwork to the new vet. Well, the new vet gave my Pug a rabies shot and after I got home and talked to my boyfriend (who still lives in TX) he informed me...

View more questions Search