Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Belle11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2015, 07:18 PM
    Conception question
    I need help. I'm 29 weeks pregnant. My first day of my last period was September 26 2014. My boyfriend and I slept together lots but we broke up for a week and I slept with someone else on the 21st. Can someone please help me out
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2015, 07:55 PM
    There actually isn't a question here, but I'll assume that you are asking who the potential father is. If you were sexually active with both men a week apart, there really isn't a way to tell, and you'll have to seek genetic testing after your baby is born. Sperm can stay alive for days inside your body, with the overlap you are describing, either man could have fathered your child. If this is not the question you are seeking an answer to, please update with the information you are looking for.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 1, 2015, 03:52 AM
    If you are 29 weeks, ultrasound apparently determined that you became pregnant after your last period. It would also be very unlikely for you to become pregnant just days before a period. Add to that the fact that you had a period after the sex on the 21st and you would be further along if you became pregnant from that encounter. All of that should ease your mind

If you want to make absolutely sure, you'll need to go with DNA testing as was mentioned.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2015, 06:08 AM
    What do you want help with? Determining paternity?

As DoulaC said, if you had a period after your encounter with on the 21st, then it is unlikely that partner is the father. But its not impossible. The only way to positively confirm paternity is with DNA testing after birth.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 1, 2015, 06:27 AM
    Gestational dating is a mathematical formula that contains room for error. While I do agree with the responses you have been given, a DNA test is the only way to know for certain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conception question [ 2 Answers ]

I had my first scan today I am pregnant they tell me am 8 and a half weeks, my partner I last with was the 15th November is this right?

Conception question [ 0 Answers ]

I was pregnant a few years ago and I found out because I was a few days late and I took a test that confirmed it. When I went to the doctor a few weeks later, the ultrasound surprised the doctor and she said at that point I was VERY early in the pregnancy based on the embryo size. I terminated that...

Conception question [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex about four weeks ago and partner slipped a little so I took plan B 2 days later and pregnancy test was negative at the time I had sex again 10 days ago and pregnancy test is positive as of 3 days ago. When did I get pregnant?

Conception question... [ 3 Answers ]

I am very confused about when I conceived the twins I am currently carrying. This is the facts I know. My LMP was 07/21/2010. I had sex with my husband between 07/25/2010 and 07/28/2010 unprotected and he ejaculated inside. I had just ended my period. We split up at the beginning of August and I...

View more questions Search