Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcsco727 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2015, 07:27 AM
    Leaving Company and Paying Back Last 12 Months Educational Assistance
    My current company has a policy that I must pay back the last 12 months of educaitonal expenses if leaving.
    My last pay check for assistance was dated May 23 2014 so if My last day was May 22 2015 does that mean I have to pay that amount back for the pay check May 23 2014?

Apr 30, 2015, 08:06 AM
    Leaving Company and Paying Back Last 12 Months Educational Assistance
    My current company has a policy that I must pay back the last 12 months of educaitonal expenses if leaving.
    My last pay check for assistance was dated May 23 2014 so if My last day was May 22 2015 does that mean I have to pay that amount back for the pay check May 23 2014?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2015, 09:06 AM
    Technically, yes.

If you are leaving voluntarily. If they terminate you they can't expect to get it back.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to wait beyond that period?

Apr 30, 2015, 09:14 AM
    This is what I'm trying to decide.When I started the search I forgot about this pay check.Now that I'm here I have a signing bonus but it waits for 60 days of employment.So it is cheaper in the Short Term to wait for another week but now that is leaving my new employer to wait 4 weeks for me to join the team.So I take responsibility for this decision.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 30, 2015, 09:45 AM
    No, not as I understand your question.

You were paid for educational assistance on 5/23/24, and your last day will be 5/22/15, correct? It looks to me that you have exactly met the terms of the company policy, not having been paid educational expenses within the 12-month period preceding your termination date. What am I missing here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2015, 02:39 AM
    I would not mention it to company and wait to see if they asked for it. When was the actual date of the education, not the date of payment to you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Educational assistance [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am Arvind. I am from India. I have completed my Engineering(Computer Science) in August 2013. I need some suggestion on my further education as I am planning to work, I need to know which course would be better that can help me in getting good salary for a long time.

I need assistance in paying my storage [ 2 Answers ]

I been paying on my storage and now I stuck on my payment for this month. Is there somewhere can I get some assistance with my payment on my storage. Before it go up I have until the 17 of this month for my storage. And I have all my payment that I made on my storage.

Leaving company (hold expired L1B visa). Company is asking passport for cancelation [ 0 Answers ]

I am laving my company and I hold expired L1B visa now company is asking my passport for cancellation of L1 B, not sure why they are asking my passport for cancelling an expired visa also for me it is very difficult as my next employer want me to sent onsite. Please suggest do I really need to...

Educational assistance for ex Federal inmates. [ 1 Answers ]

I just got out of Federal Prison after 15 yrs... I want to take a online course but I have an Old student loan that is in default. Is there a program for ex federal inmates that can get the loan out of default? Also is there a program available to ex federal inmates that will help pay for the new...

Help for convicted felon with jobs/educational assistance? [ 1 Answers ]

Friend is convicted felon.. somewhat socially lacking/behind her age group/level.. needs job or wants to go back to school.. any resources out there?

View more questions Search