Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsmartnsimple Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Apr 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
    God love those backstabbers
    Okay so, i didn't know where to go and i feel this rage inside of me that i have to contain. I was pulled into a meeting with MY manager who said that the top manager of our dept. was in a mgrs meeting and one of the OTHER mgrs in another dept said i was boasting about how EASY my job was and how i had to spread my work out to make sure i had something to do. I was in such shock, i never said ANYTHING like that and the only time i said anything REMOTELY close to that was when i first started and i said i wish they'd give me MORE work because i was running out of stuff. Now to top this off the president AND vice president were in this very same meeting and they were none to pleased.... Now let me note that i have PLENTY of work to keep me busy but BECAUSE of this they're now issuing me another duty... Now she didn't know who it was but i have an idea of who the informant AND the mgr are but i don't know what to do... By nature i'm a friendly outgoing kind of person and i'd so hate to become withdrawn and extremely untrusting but it feels like that's the way i have to go.... I just feel awful & sick to my stomach, my manager (who likes me) says there's probably someone out to get me... why, i don't know... PLEASE HELP!!!!!! How does one handle this type of situation??
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 10, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Your manager should know what your workload is and have a rough idea of what your variable work time is to take on additional projects.

You might like your manager, but if she doesn't know what's going on with who and what she is supposed to be managing, she's not managing very well.

I would recommend you discuss making brief, but regular, reports to your manager on your workload, and what you are doing day to day. Do this in email so that you have documentation in case you ever need to "prove" yourself.

Since your manager didn't immediately defend your workload, it sounds like she was caught not knowing what was going on... and she looked bad in front of the other managers. The best way to help her is to keep her informed with what you're doing.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 10, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I agree with the other user.
    sweetsmartnsimple Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Apr 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Well readers at first (as you can tell) I was upset and kind of hurt by the whole thing... THEN I thought about it and I realized that I'm stronger than I'm giving myself credit for AND I've forgotten the # rule, GET IT IN WRITING!! As suggested by the fantasic philly I'll be documenting my every move and I'll show everyone that I'm more than capable of handling anything they throw at me. I can only think these people coming after me want to see my fail but I will not DARE give them that satisfaction. I'll prevail, I've just got to stay strong and EXTRA SHARP because EVERYONE is waiting for me to mess up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

God or Not? [ 30 Answers ]

Is it allowed for us to debate over the creation/evolution? Or if there is a God, or if Allah is God? If not, post your personal beliefs and why you believe that. I thought I Was Lutheran-Christian, but when I was confirmed, I truly asked myself "Why do I believe this?" And my only answer was...

Please GOD help me. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old daughter and she needs to come and live with me. She had scabies for two months and my x never took her or the rest of the family to the doctor the minute I found out I took them to the doctor right away and he said they had them so I bought their medicine and when I called my...

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search