Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kilda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Green card interview
    Hi I am having my green card interview in June 2007. What should I expect?
    How long is the interview. We are truly married and very happy. But we are anxious about this. He is citizen I am German.
    Could you please advise us

Kilda IL
    JadeG Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Possible questions:
    - how you met him
    - why are you going to US besides being with him
    - is this your first marriage, if not, why did you marry him
    - what are your quaifications
    - have you been to US before, what do you think of it
    - etc

They may ask questions about what you've given in your application form to confirm that it was you who gave the answers. If you're not comfortable with English you can request for an interpreter.

The interviews are usually short. Depends on how long your answers are. Expect at some point to swear an oath. Sometimes there are more than 1 interview for Green Card. You might be asked to return another day to send in more forms and to be interviewed again. Don't be afraid. As long as you have nothing to hide, you should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My mom has a green card but she left usa last year . She is coming back in April . Q... you thing she is going to have a problem coming back?

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I just got my temporary Green card for 2 years by marrying American citizen. But my husband took off and I don't know where is he now ? Maybe he'll come back during those 2 years, but what if not ? How can I still get a Permanent Green card after those 2 years ? Can I divorce him and still...

Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for my renewal green card 10 years exp 11/13/06. I have not rec'd it yet but will travel outside country and return 11/10/06 3 days before exp date. My passport up to date. Is this OK?

View more questions Search