Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pakiza 7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2015, 03:49 AM
    My husband beats me many times.. what should I do?
    Assalam o alaikum... I caught in a huge trouble... I have got married two years ago... my husband always fight with me on Family issues... now Allah Almighty has blessed me a son... and my husband now beats me many times... I have a verbal fight with my husband but he directly beats me in many ways. He never cares for me and my son... now he tried to kill me once... I don't understand what to do... please help me to solve this problem... hope you understand my issue...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2015, 05:37 AM
    If fighting back, is not an option, you pack up and go home to your mother and family. **This is the answer for western culture if you are living in Europe or Americas.

If you live in middle eastern nation and you live under your religious rule, he then has a right to beat you and you learn to tolerate it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 25, 2015, 06:33 AM
    Islam does not allow for a husband to beat his wife; culture does.
    I don't understand why more Muslim couples don't ask their Imam for advice. Can you do that? Will your husband agree?
    Can you tell us more about the family issues, and where each family lives? Do you want to go to your family to visit more than before, with your son?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2015, 08:08 AM
    You report your husband to your local leaders, and ask for relief, and protection.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Apr 25, 2015, 12:37 PM
    I understand in few culture if you are once married then going back to family is no option at all, because some people don't want to take this responsibility of others ( not every family is like that though). So, as other said, its better to reach out to elders in you community to seek help and specially religious elders, even elder women's, who may talk to your husband about it and willing to help you fairly.
    Expert

Apr 25, 2015, 08:56 PM
    Please do not believe reporting things to authorities will do any good.

In many places it is perfectly acceptable and legal for a man to beat his wife ( or kids)

I will give you an example here in China. A man was beating a women, (who we found out later was his wife) near a city bus stop. My friend and I stopped him. Guess what, when the police came, my friend and I got arrested for interfering with a "family matter'.

When I was a police officer, often in the middle eastern and Asian community, people new to America would call us, to do something about their wife. The wife was disrespecting their parent, or not listening to them. The man would think that we would take the wife to jail, not them.

So she can expect the elder women to tell her that she needs to try not to make him angry, and that it is her place to be beaten. If this is their society.

Welcome to the real world, in most middle eastern and Asian nations
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2015, 03:52 AM
    Unfortunately Fr. Chuck is right, there are many place where going against a cruel husband is against the law and dangerous. Sadly the correct advice is obedience and subjugation for the "safety" of the women living under those conditions.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2015, 04:34 AM
    I am not saying it is right, any abuse is wrong and a effort to insure the safety. Sadly I witness wife abuse all the time, and often child abuse. As you travel to other countries, things you take for granted, personal freedoms, liberty and safety have no real meanings as many in Canada, United States and Europe have come to think.

In some countries calling the police is almost a fear, since they are more crooked than some of the criminals.

People get arrested for Christian activities where I live, I have been within 10 feet of two terrorist acts, and there is a war within 300 miles of my house. When I travel to some of the other areas nearer to the middle east and deal with some of my Muslim friends, there is even less freedom and liberty than there is in China. People come to China for safety and freedom (think about that)

If a women would in some places disobey her father, she could be killed. Society expects it, and police would do nothing.
    SPETSNAZ_IR Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2015, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You report your husband to your local leaders, and ask for relief, and protection.
    I think this is the best option

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Husband Has Cheated 3 times in 20 years [ 3 Answers ]

My husband cheated a year after we were married, and I forgave him, and now I find out he cheated with two women back in April 2011. We have 6 kids together, life hasn't been perfect, but I thought we were good. That we had a strong marriage, but now I feel that everything is a lie. I have heard...

Movie title about crazy matriarch that beats young woman set in victorian times? [ 0 Answers ]

There used to be a movie in the early 1990's than ran regularly on HBO. It seemed to be set in 1800's in a Victorian era and was about a young woman who had a relationship that an older woman with which she was related to (niece, daughter, sister?) disapproved strongly of. The younger woman had...

My husband has been in jail a few times can he get a passport [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been in jail a few time for driving while disqulified . Can he get a passport to go to Fiji for a week for a friends wedding.

Husband lying- how many times is OK? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have been married for 4 1/2 yrs. We have been together for 6 1/2 yrs. It's a long story as to how we came to be, but I thought I had found the "one", and I still feel that way. I still get the "weak in the knees' feeling from him and i love him more than i have ever loved anyone( i was...

View more questions Search