Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akoko14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Improving credit score after item is removed
    How long after you get a negative item removed from your credit report will you see your score improve?
    clohman Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 03:29 PM
    I would call the credit bureau and ask this question and please post inquiry minds would like to know the answer too.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Apr 15, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Once the negative enrty is removed by the credit bureau, your score should reflect that change at that instant. I will assume that you were asking, how long after you dispute an erroneous derogatory item on your report will it take to reflect on your score. I believe that the Feds allow the bureaus 30 working days to investigate the disputed item. This could translate into about 45 calendar days. Many companies that gather information from the three bureaus (for mortgage purposes) claim to have a service that will speed the process to just a few days. That service is fairly pricey; in the neighborhood of $75 per trade line, per bureau. Unless you have a compelling reason to have your score changed ASAP, I would go through the normal process. I hope that I have interpreted your question correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit score [ 1 Answers ]

How badly does a voluntary repo affect your credit?

Improving Credit Score [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to refinance on a house by July, yet I have a major debt that is over $10,000. This account was in good standing for 6 years. The people I spoke with were not willing to settle a lower payment despite explaining my financial situation. They closed the account unexpectedly after my...

Credit score [ 3 Answers ]

My buddy told me that there is a form or something that you can fill out regarding the credit card companys that states you donot what any credit card offers for a period of one year.Then once this paper work is filed with the credit report agencies a persons creit score will raise 25 points .So my...

Credit score [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently paid off three IRS liens on our house which were also showing up on our credit reports. Instead of our scores going up, they dropped slightly. Can anyone tell me what happened or how to question this to the appropriate people? Thanks. Kat

View more questions Search