Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jigglebix975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2015, 08:53 AM
    Could I be pregnant or is it just changing
    About 3 weeks ago I took the morning after pill which of course changed my period as it came a week early. They usually last about 5 days, as it did but then I realised I still had light bleeding after on and off. A few days after my period had stopped I had unprotected sex again which caused me to have another 'morning after pill'. (Making that about just over a week ago on the 13th) when this happened I started bleeding heavier and more frequently on a day-to-day basis. That Thursday I then had the implant which makes it a week tomorrow of having it. I still have bleeding everyday. I use to have discharge all the time but it was clear now I seem to have a more brown colour bleeding. Is this just my period sorting itself out or is this a more serious case to see the doctor about?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2015, 02:18 PM
    It is likely your body has been thrown off due to the two uses of the morning after pill fairly close together, and then adding the implant as well. The implant alone can cause irregular bleeding for some women. Some will have spotting or bleeding for weeks after insertion; some even continue to have irregular bleeding through its use. How your body reacts will be quite individual.

You can certainly contact your doctor for reassurance.
    Rajesh Sharma 1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2015, 03:39 AM
    Dear Madam!
    It seems that you are not aware at all about the hormonal role in female boly.
    Let me explain it as follows...

There are two major hormones in female boly play very imp. Role of Menstruation cycle.They are called Estrogen and Progesterone.

The morning pills are also hormones given to alter the action of these two and prevent implantation of fertilized egg to the wall of uterus resulting in pregnancy.

These emergency pills are advised to be taken in extreme urgency as they have side effects like one you have mentioned here. Apart from this they cause other serious side effects like mood swing etc.

It is obvious that by taking two pills within a month , you have altered your cycle resulting in irregular and heavy bleeding.
    I will advise you to visit your dr. and get some pills to stop the bleeding and avoid taking such pills.
    There are various other methods to stop getting pregnant, which your dr. will definitely will suggest.
    Hope this much will help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2015, 05:47 AM
    I do agree, you seriously need to read the warning labels on the morning after pill, and about taking too many. They were designed for emergency use. If you are going to be having regular sex, please start using normal birth control methods.

This use of two will or could cause you to have extra cycles, or even no cycles for a month or two.

At this point, you just wait, and see if and when another cycle starts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from standard A/C units to inverters, is changing the copper lines mandatory [ 0 Answers ]

I have wall embedded copper lines through several properties that want to switch to the new daikin inverters for a/c. Must I change all these copper lines?

Child support changing due to Child custody changing [ 4 Answers ]

I am asking this on behalf of my friend in a big dispute right now. We live in Iowa. She used to joint custody of her children (although the exhusband never saw them at all). She worked full time in lending for years. She remarried. She had more children with her new spouse so in 2006 she quit her...

Changing a name [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my in laws name off the mortgage and deed and put mine name on. How can I do this and who do I go to to get this done... thanks

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

View more questions Search