Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdbfleming Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2015, 08:01 AM
    Texas law - unpaid hotel balance
    I may have an unpaid balance when I leave an extended stay hotel and wanted to know what legal steps they will take to collect on it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2015, 09:10 AM
    Sue you in court... win, get writ of garnishment... seize bank account assets and or garnish you paycheck until the debt is paid. On top of wrecking your credit for 7 years until its collected. Few places will loan you a dime with a collection against you. Many employers won't hire you, your insurance rates will increase...

PS: It will be cheaper to pay what you owe now before that happens. Instead of guessing...call them and find out for sure.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 22, 2015, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    ...or garnish you paycheck ...
    As I recall, paycheck garnishments are not allowed in Texas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unpaid balance [ 1 Answers ]

In korea if u have unpaid balabce its possible to travel in philippnes?

Summons concerning an unpaid Credit Card Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I was presented with a summons concerning an unpaid Credit Card Balance. What is this and what should I do. They stated I have 20 days to respond.

Being served papers for unpaid debt balance [ 4 Answers ]

I got a call from a collection company and the man told me if I didn't pay a certain amount by Wednesday (today is monday) I would be served papers and assigned a collection attorney in my county. Can anyone tell me what will happen next? I'm so scared and nervous!!

If I have two traffic warrants (unpaid tickets) issued in Houston, Texas. [ 4 Answers ]

I have two traffic warrants that were issued to me in Houston, Texas for unpaid tickets but I now live in California. I am supposed to be flying back to Texas on the 30th of this month to visit family and I know that when I am boarding I am supposed to swipe my license. Can I still fly back home...

Can Co-signer get sued for unpaid balance [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that purchased a 4 wheeler for her boyfriend and he could not get the loan cause he had poor credit and she needed a co signer cause she didn't have enough credit... so the bf's friend co signed for my friend... well couple split up and the boyfriend and refusing to take the...

View more questions Search