Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rotten122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2015, 07:25 AM
    Mtd yardman 16.5hp mower will not start.
    It gets spark and will run for about a second or two and stall. Its getting fuel, so Im wondering maybe the plug gap is bad?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2015, 08:11 PM
    Check fuel solenoid on bottom of carb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD Yardman Riding Mower Won't Start [ 7 Answers ]

I have a MTD Yardman riding mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. It will not start. First, I have just installed a new battery. When you turn the ignition nothing happens. I have checked all the wires and connections, but can't find anything wrong. It seems to me that it's got to be the...

MTD Yard machine w/B&S 12.5hp ohv won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

It was running fine and while in the midst of cutting, it died and when trying to restart, it would just click. I initially thought starter, so I rebuilt and it is working fine when benchtested. I moved over to the solenoid and replaced as I had a new one to begin with. Tested batter as well,...

Mtd yardman 16.5hp mower will not start [ 41 Answers ]

I just brought home a used, but in very good shape, MTD yardman mower. It has the 16.5 hp Briggs mower with the 7-speed shift on the go tranny. It also is the industrial/commercial model. For some reason, the thing will not crank. The engine will spin and gas will go to the carb, but it acts...

View more questions Search